My Pet Peeve - What's Yours?

I wish those who make the cloth/doe suede bodies for our babies would not make the arm and leg openings so BIG. Once they are stuffed, they come out much fuller than the actual limb. I don’t want to see my baby with a ‘muscle’

I wish those making the bodies could just slenderize those arm and leg openings. Anyone else feel that way?

And what’s your wish?

Judy

If you ever buy bodies from me, all you have to do is request that the arms and leg holes be made the size you want. I aim to please my customers 100%. Tell me what you want and I will do my best to sew it that way.

I don’t like the bodies/patterns with the really long torsos. Looks weird.

I am also getting tired of fighting screwy sockets on kits that don’t allow the eyes to set evenly. It seems it gets worse with every kit I do lately. Especially kits I get on sale.

Yeah, Gina -

That, too. I had to chuckle at ‘secretary spread’. And Also - some of the bodies have a protruding belly. Forgot to mention that.

Judy

I like a bit of a belly on my bodies.

Thanks Gina for the recommendation.

Yup - pointy bellies - hate that. Wish I could sew well enough to make my own.

Judy

Oh my gosh - yes -
I just finished a baby last night and thought the same thing about her.

Judy

Sorry Judy your thread has turned into an advertise for me. Thanks girls for all the support. Now to what is my pet peeve…people who hi-jack threads LOL!

Janie -

Not a problem

It’s all the same theme and I’m getting some great leads.

Judy

Audrey, You know I love it, all in fun! That is the name of the game.

I think it would be much nicer for all the kits to be full limbs, then we would’nt have to worry about our babies looking like Popeye, or JLO. I’ve had some dolls that looked so abnormal because of the 3/4 limb legs. Why do most of the doll makers do 3/4 limbs, whats the big deal. It’s just a 1/4 of the way to the top. It would also make it easier to dress, you won’t have to see cloth hanging out all over the place. Sorry about that, just blowing off steam DEE