My painted hair

i feel I am not getting anywhere, which is depressing as I would really like to paint hair rather than spending so much time rooting. What do you think…

and my very first attempt:

I’m no expert, but gosh, it looks good to me ~ 3 different types/styles of hair!

It looks great! I really like what you’ve done on the AA baby.

I also am impressed and wondering how you did the AA hair?

Great job. I too am especially impressed with the AA hair - very realistic.

Looks like your definitly going somewhere with this, i think it’s fabulous. Don’t be hard on yourself, i’m afraid to even think about doing it. DEE

— Begin quote from “maisiemae”

Oh wow, how did you do the first baby’s hair? The ethnic one. That’s lovely. I’m really enjoying painting an AA baby but I hate rooting hair, painting it would be so lovely.

— End quote

I used blusher make-up brush, which is cut straight, I tied the bristles with rubber band close to the end, and I sort of dabbed and twisted to get this effect.

Thanks for the encouragement

Just beautiful - all three versions are very nice!

— Begin quote from “Ludmila”

— Begin quote from “maisiemae”

Oh wow, how did you do the first baby’s hair? The ethnic one. That’s lovely. I’m really enjoying painting an AA baby but I hate rooting hair, painting it would be so lovely.

— End quote

I used blusher make-up brush, which is cut straight, I tied the bristles with rubber band close to the end, and I sort of dabbed and twisted to get this effect.

Thanks for the encouragement

— End quote

Thanks for the tip!

I think you are doing a fantastic job! My hair painting usually ends up being removed or covered with mohair. As for saving time, it takes me a lot longer to paint than to root!

I think that is the most realistic head of aa painted hair I’ve seen , it beautiful.