My nightmare

Hey y’all- I’m dealing with a nightmare right now, and I know the video is long but it fully explains what’s happening. I need advice on how to handle this correctly. Keep in mind she still hasn’t shared the “box opening” video with me.

1 Like

What’s happening? I can’t watch the video right now otherwise I’d offer support

Basically there is some issues with the Joseph I sent uggh it’s long to type out- This is days in the making

I’m sorry. Hopefully you can get it resolved!

1 Like

Has she sent you any photos of the “damage” yet? I know she didnt send you the video but hopefully she sent pics. Also, has she filed a claim against you yet?

1 Like

She sent pictures of his nails and arm off. And she said she doesn’t want to file a claim

1 Like

Oh honey, I think you are being bullied. She got a doll and layette for $150 with all of his faults faithfully disclosed. If her artist friend was so good (if she even exists), then she would have saved up and bought from her, not made a hasty purchase. The bottom line is she is trying to scam you by making you feel like a scammer. She knows her own address. That whole can’t find the box thing was just to stress you out and make you easy to manipulate emotionally. She put you in a corner. And if she can tie her shoes, she can tie that arm back on. Don’t accept any more money from her, just call it. Don’t offer a refund or any more help. You live and you learn.

10 Likes

Her “professional artist” friend was the one who suggested sending him all the way back just for zip ties. She is also buying a baby from her as well (But honestly I don’t think the artists’ dolls are that amazing) I really hope she didn’t intentionally damage him but I don’t know what to expect from people anymore- Kinda losing faith!

4 Likes

I feel entitled to fix him because I’m new and I don’t want to start business off on a negative note ,you know :frowning:

2 Likes

I totally agree with @Peachtree. She buy a 150$ booboo doll from a beginner artist. She received a nice doll with a layette, don’t paid shipping, give wrong adress and than complain ? Do not accept this.

Do not send a doll without complete payment, including shipping. Even if you need money.

Your Joseph was lovely, you did all right with this lady.

4 Likes

It is scary, but stick to your guns. You sold a doll in good faith.

I had a customer that pulled the arm and eyelashes off one of my dolls. She sent me pictures and wanted a partial refund. I sent her three zip ties and told her if she sent him back that was it, I would issue a full refund once he was received and verified intact. She decided to keep him as is. Truth was, she had buyers remorse and wanted a better deal.

It happens, more so with budget babies and new artists. You will survive this.

7 Likes

Oh I am so sorry you are having to deal with this! I could just feel your frustration and anxiety through your video. When you said that she confirmed the address multiple times and still managed to say oops wrong address I just knew deep down that she was just up to no good. Your dolls are absolutely beautiful! Please do not let her get your spirit down.

5 Likes

In my opinion – I think I would just leave her with the options you have offered her and give her a deadline as to when she has to decide which one. After that date, whether you hear from her or not, the case will be closed.

I wanted to add that IF she had a professional artist to tell her all these things, then she should have purchased from them in the first place. But, it is totally unfair to put down a new artist who makes dolls as nicely as you do. I think you are doing well with your dolls. The “professional artist” had no part in this, and in my opinion – IF they were truly professionals they would not have involved themselves in this problem. Remember – those are strictly my opinions. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Now she’s saying she thinks she will send him back for me to repair but isn’t sure when.

I agree with everyone, she is trying to scam you. You are a very good Artist and your dolls are beautiful. Her ‘reborn artist friend’ should know how to attach the arm with a zip tie, and should have zip ties .

3 Likes

Shawn she is a scammer. If she truly had a reborner friend she would have gotten a doll from her and the friend would have fixed the doll for nothing. I would have fixed my friends doll and I think you would have to. I would have never sent the doll to her without full pay next time lay a way let them pay a little at a time. Her not knowing her own address was crazy. Nails I want say want come off but she had to have scratched them. She was looking for some reason to not sent the rest of your money. I’m sorry there are terrible people in the world.

2 Likes

She calls this lady her friend/expert but has only just started talking to the lady. I’m not sure how she started talking to the lady about me though? She claims she moved to the place in March and forgot the number changed. Which is still weird to me!

We all have different solutions but if it were me, I would have her pay to ship :ship: the doll back then refund her after you receive it, minus the shipping fees you paid to send it. That way you get baby back, she gets her money but she paid shipping both ways. Then just fix him and relist. Joseph is a fast seller anyway. I see so much drama and loss of sleep that could have been avoided with a refund. So basically I would pay money to avoid drama . :wink: I know most people will not do refunds period, so those are just my personal feels, but IMO it can really cause undue troubles. Your dolls are good so don’t be discouraged.

7 Likes

I agree with Peachtree, also. And if this woman is going on, now, about how you should have weighted him and such, then she needs to get into reborning, learn about, and do it for herself. It’s not the standard to weight up the entire limb, as this can make limbs unrealistically heavy, dead-weight. The standard many of us have learned is weight to about the knee and then place polyfil the rest of the way. She is nit-picking and is really out of line. I would mail her some cable ties and walk her through it. It sounds to me as if she is having buyer’s remorse and is trying to find more and more wrong with him to justify herself. And she has not shared the box opening video that she claims she made? And why is she trying to scrape at his nails? And how hard did she scrape? She got a first reborn for a very nice price, and it sounds like she wants him for free and is going to bully and lie to you to get a “free” doll.

4 Likes

I asked her again for the box opening video to file a complaint and she said and I quote “I mean ups was rough with the box yes but honestly it wasn’t entirely their fault”. So now I am starting to get really suspicious

3 Likes