My new Basket Babies website

This has been a WIP for probably 9 - 12 months… My son was supposed to work on one for me but never seemed to get around to it and when he finally did, it was so crisp and clean that it lacked the “baby factor”.

So, about 6 weeks ago, I bought a template from rebornwebsets.com for $20 and my hubby and I have worked on it until it was finally ready to go “live”. We are still working on a order form for the “Place an Order” link but everything is up and running.

Please check it out and let me know what you think here. Also, I would appreciate it you signed by guestbook.

The link is:

http://www.ourspecialplace.net/basketbabies

Thanks,

Carmen

Edited on May 14th:

My website is complete! The order form is all done now so I can accept your cloth body orders through my website.

www.ourspecialplace.net/BasketBabies
In addition, we set up a FaceBook page for Basket Babies. Please check it out - I would appreciate it if you “liked” it and/or asked to join.

Thanks,

Carmen

I checked out your new website. I love the way the pictures change on the first page and the soft colors that remind you of a soft padded basket. One thing that I had problems with was reading some of the text on the body ordering page. Probably my eyes but maybe if it was a little larger - it sort of blurs into the background for me. Other thing is now you need to make a body for the 15" berenguer babies. I want to get one just for fun plus get one for my granddaughter in case they stop making them (she’s only 2 months old but I’m planning ahead LOL!) I like the bodies you have so when I get a doll ready I will try them out. Sort of have a couple of dolls at various stages but not ready for bodies yet!

— Begin quote from “djjessie228”

I checked out your new website. I love the way the pictures change on the first page and the soft colors that remind you of a soft padded basket. One thing that I had problems with was reading some of the text on the body ordering page. Probably my eyes but maybe if it was a little larger - it sort of blurs into the background for me. Other thing is now you need to make a body for the 15" berenguer babies. I want to get one just for fun plus get one for my granddaughter in case they stop making them (she’s only 2 months old but I’m planning ahead LOL!) I like the bodies you have so when I get a doll ready I will try them out. Sort of have a couple of dolls at various stages but not ready for bodies yet!

— End quote

Are you talking about the text “on” the pictures? I was hoping that it would be clearer as it shows what size each body comes in… I’m not sure what to do about that.

For the Berenguer babies - are they all vinyl? Because if they are, the Blinkin/Nod body would work for them and would keep them jointed. I’m not sure how the heads are attached on those babies so you might have to figure out how to attach the head to the cloth body. I have seen where you can cut out the neck and shoulder part of the vinyl body to use as a “shoulder plate” like on the porcelain dolls to connect the head to the cloth body. Does that make sense?

Thank you for taking a look at my website… hope you signed my guestbook.

Carmen

Beautiful website, Carmen! I looked, I signed, I bookmarked so I can go back and have another look ~ great job! Jerica is just TOO CUTE!

Hugs,

Karen

Awesome site I love it! I signed the guestbook! ))

Oh wow, your website looks good!!! Thats the webset i almost bought!!! LOL She has such great prices and helps so much!
I chose this one instead
www.emerald-hill-nursery.webs.com
i liked all the detail you put into your page!

— Begin quote from “MaryHere”

Carmen, That’s a beautiful website. Was it very difficult to do? I guess what I am trying to ask , is it something the average 68 year old woman can do?

— End quote

Hi Mary -

If you use the template as it comes and do not plan on making many changes, you might be able to. Are you familiar with html at all?

I don’t think that I could have done mine without the help of my hubby and son. But, we added a lot of special effects that do not come with the template. The slideshow on the home page was something that my son worked on and if you see a baby that you like as it is scrolling through the photos, you can click on the picture and it will take you to where you can get more info about that baby. Also, we added the Contact Us form and the Guestbook (the template comes with the Guestbook page but not the code to generate the guestbook). We are still working on the Order Form. It is very complicated in that it will initially give you three order options (cloth bodies, available babies, or custom babies) and depending on what you select, it will then pop up the correct form where you then make all of your choices. It will be very cool once it is complete.

I went to the site where you ordered your template and I was directed to her Facebook page . She has done some very amazing art work and I just want to thank you for mentioning her.

— End quote

I love her templates but if you see one that you like, don’t wait to buy it. Her designs are OOAK and she only sells each design to one person. My original choice was purchased by someone else because I waited to purchase. I believe I saw on her facebook page that her website may be down for a few days because she was doing some updates. That’s probably why you were not able to see what she has available right now.

I think you did a great job, I’ll be checking back and visiting it often. Best Wishes, Mary

— End quote

Thank you! I am very pleased with how it has turned out. And, apparently, it works because I was able to sell one of my available dolls last night from a customer who saw my website. It made me very happy.

Again, thank you,

Carmen

— Begin quote from “emeraldhillnursery”

Oh wow, your website looks good!!! Thats the webset i almost bought!!! LOL She has such great prices and helps so much!
I chose this one instead
http://www.emerald-hill-nursery.webs.com
i liked all the detail you put into your page!

— End quote

Hi Natalie -

Thank you… I like yours too! I’m glad you didn’t purchase my design. It was actually my second choice - someone bought my first choice while I was still deciding. You must have gotten yours before I started looking for mine; I don’t remember seeing that one.

Carmen

Mary, there’s lots of tips and tricks here. Everyone is willing to lend advice when needed. Just ask or post a pic for help and someone will come along quickly to help out. I will be awaiting your first finished baby.

My website is complete! The order form is all done now so I can accept your cloth body orders through my website.

www.ourspecialplace.net/BasketBabies
In addition, we set up a FaceBook page for Basket Babies. Please check it out - I would appreciate it if you “liked” it and/or asked to join.

Thanks,

Carmen