My first reborn is finally finished and I absolutely love her!

She’s absolutely darling x

You’ve done an awesome job on your first baby. My first was nowhere near as good as yours :smile:

1 Like

WOW!! I can’t believe she’s your first one done!!!

LOVELY!!!

1 Like

Wonderful job, she is so cute.

1 Like

You did a really good job. One of the best first babies I’ve seen. Congrats!

1 Like

Shes beautiful!!!

1 Like

She’s adorable!!!

1 Like

Nice work for your first.

1 Like

stratolily… I had the same feelings about rooting. I think you’ll do fine! It takes some patience to find the barb on the rooting needle all the time but stick with it. I ended up marking the needle in the position that the barb was in and that made it so much easier. I had a few days when I first started thinking I’dl never get the hang its but then one night after a few days of frustration it all fell into place. I still have a very long way, probably years from now, to go as far as rooting like a pro but I am happy with the way my first baby turned out. She isn’t perfect but she came out a lot better then I thought she would. I had visions of my first baby looking like a clown with botched up frizzy hair! LOL!! The ladies here are awesome and so helpful. I could not have done my first baby without their help, patience and encouragement. Good luck on your first rooting and please post pix when you finish her! What sculpt are you making?

Thank you again for all the sweet compliments! They mean so much to me and have given me the confidence to move on to my next baby! Someday I hope to be as good a reborn artist as all of you are! I look at the pictures of the babies that you make and find them so irresistible. If I was rich I probably would have bought every one of them. Love you ladies and again thank you!! :heart_eyes: :heart:

Hi Nikki…Right now I’m finishing up Lainey. I painted Rose and Lainey at the same time because I was waiting for supplies from Bountiful Babies and got antsie. I’m rooting Lainey right now then I don’t know who I’m going to do next! LOL!! My pre-orders Morris and Ofelia are going to ship soon but I also have Juan, Cutie, Gena, Gemma and a few others to choose from after finish Lainey. I would love to do Morris but feel that I really need more practice before I attempt him or Juan who is huge!! Who do you think I should do next? Geezzzzz I am so addicted to reborning and keep looking at more kits that I want to buy! I find myself rushing through my daily errands and housework so that I can get back to my reborning! I love it!! :heart:

I just checked out your pictures of Sera! She’s coming out gorgeous! Her coloring is beautiful! I had to laugh where you mentioned your were scared to paint at first…that’s exactly how I felt and kept procrastinating for a long time…actually about 12 years! I’ve been a reborn collector since around 2004 and have wanted to make my own reborns since around 2007. I probably would still be too scared to try my hand at reborning but a doll friend of mine sent me a blank kit back in May and some extra reborning supplies that she had. It was her way of giving me the nudge that I needed to start! After that I still procrastinated for a couple of more months and then told myself I needed more supplies. Anyway after a while I ran out of excuses and once I started I was so glad that I did. I really enjoy making these precious babies. I had put in an order with Delta Dawn for mohair and when it arrived I procrastinated again because I was afraid of ruining the baby by messing up on her hair. Now that I figured out how to locate the barb on the rooting needle I find it very relaxing and I actually love doing it! I think you will too!! :blush:

1 Like

I vote for Gena, Jackie!:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thanks Nikki!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Incredible first baby!!! Congratulations!!

1 Like

Yup for 12 years I’ve been procrastinating about making my own reborns! I am so glad that my friend finally got me started by sending me the Lainey Kit and a few supplies. I really love reborning even though I’ve only completed one baby and am rooting another which should be finished in about a week. Not only did I find something that I love to do I also met so many of the wonderful ladies on this forum! I’ve been using Delta Dawn but I want to try Slumberland mohair to see which on I like the best. I know that both brands of mohair are some of the best you can buy. I also heard that Sugargliders has awesome mohair and I think I may try that too. I use a 42 or 43g single barb crown needle but would love to try a fork needles at some point also. Has your mohair and needles arrived yet? I’m so excited for you to start!! I just got my pre-order Morris by Alicia Toner today. I can’t wait to start him but I have other kits and I think in order to get in enough practice to do a good job on him I should do another Bountiful Babies kit first. I already know that Morris is a keeper so I really want to do the best job I can on him. I also can’t wait to make my Cutie by Donna RuBert. If you look in the BB Gallery they have him pictured as an AA baby and I love him. I’m probably biting off more then I can handle because I’ve read that the right coloring for an AA reborn is kind of hard to achieve. Hopefully I can figure it out with the help of the BB forum. I’ve seen some gorgeous AA babies here on the forum. Have a good weekend and Happy Rooting!!! :grinning:

2 Likes

GREAT job :slight_smile:

1 Like

She’s adorable! I just finished my second biracial baby, she’s my first that came out well. I’m no expert but I can pm you and tell you what I did that worked for me if you like the way my baby looks. Let me know :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would love to have some input on how to make an Donna RuBert’s “Cutie” sculpt into an AA baby! If you look on the BB Gallery they have the Cutie sculpt as a biracial baby and he is gorgeous! I would also love to see your biracial babies!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Here’s my little girl, If you don’t mind me sharing her pics on your topic. It would be easy to go darker than this too, if you wanted to.

2 Likes

So cute!!! Which sculpt is that???