My first real go with new formula Genesis

Here are Emily’s legs after sealing with the new formula Genesis Marte Varnish. It is not as flat matte as the old formula was and VERY hard to spread/pounce out.

6 Likes

What did you use to put it on?

Angie, will you be testing the new Genesis paint, do you think?

Here is a picture of the rest of her. Not great with my phone but you can get the idea.

I thinned it with the Ecohouse Citrus thinner I use. Then painted it on with a brush and pounced the heck out of it. Let me tell you it does not pounce out easily. The brush marks were hard to pounce out and there are still spots where they are still slightly visible. I am not thrilled but I guess it is just going to have to be what it is. I thought about trying to thin it with the new formula thinner but I am scared it may make it more shiny. Has anyone else tried that?

I have no plans to try the paints as I have plenty to last me a good long while.

I still have some Kabelka sealers and I will be trying it later on another baby.

1 Like

Beautiful baby, Angie!

The new Genesis matte varnish was described here by someone as trying to spread honey and that’s exactly what it seems like to me.

I’m going to keep using the Americana Soft-Touch. Much easier for me. I’m spoiled now.

2 Likes

Thank you Karen. I have one repeat customer who really requests her babies be sealed with Genesis so a workable way to do so would be good. I honestly prefer it as well but now things have changed so…

3 Likes

Same here. Been using it for almost two years now and really like it.

2 Likes

Yes, the new Genesis matte is almost impossible to spread, its soooo thick. If anyone comes up with a solution I’d love to hear it. Mixing it with thinner helps alittle but still very hard to use. :worried:

I would try it the way I used to do with the old formula. I take some straight from the jar and rub it all over the part, like applying lotion. The warmth of the hands helps. Then once it is all coated, pounce it with a wedge until smooth.

I am just not keen in getting my hands all in it. I have ordered a Sculpey liquid clay softener to try using in it along with the thinner per a suggestion. I will let you know if this works.

3 Likes

I don’t use ghs so I’m not sure if this would work but have you tried applying it to the sponge and pouncing without brushing it on first?

The reason I brushed it on first was to try to get it on thinly as it does not pounce out that easily and I did not want a thick layer. I am still experimenting though.

1 Like

Gotcha! Hoping you can find a solution. I feel for genesis users.

Here’s to hoping that Genesis improves the new formula over time, and perhaps will end up back to where it started when it worked well.