My first baby ... DAYLIGHT PICS! Last ones I promise

Ok here she is. It’s Teagan that I got in my BB kit. She needs hair & eyelashes. The mohair in my kit is too dark-I realized after I started rooting. I am ordering from Susan Nagel.
OK! so I’m a little nervous…lol. Feel like I’m about to give a speech and everyone is staring at me.
PLEASE let me say THANK YOU!!! to all you fabulous ladies on here. Even though you don’t know me, I have been pouring over all the fantastic information you’ve given! I never would have tried to finish her if I hadn’t been able to run to BB and look up answers to my questions.

These pics were taken tonite after dark, under flourescents and with my iPhone so they aren’t great. Sorry! I just couldn’t wait! I already know some things I’ll be doing differently but any and all constructive critism is welcome!
Her sweet, adorable romper & tiny preemie bonnet were made by trixyy2k. Thank you Marci! I looooove them!
And it’s nice to meet you all!
Nicole

OK LAST TIME ON THIS POST! Daytime pics better light
http://emob1017.photobucket.com/albums/ … 319291.jpg
http://emob1017.photobucket.com/albums/ … 319290.jpg
http://emob1017.photobucket.com/albums/ … 319289.jpg
http://emob1017.photobucket.com/albums/ … 319288.jpg
http://emob1017.photobucket.com/albums/ … 319287.jpg

LIMBS ON A POTHOLDER LOL
http://emob1017.photobucket.com/albums/ … 302118.jpg

Well poo. I thought that would make the photo show up. Hopefully the link works!
Hugs,
Nicole

She looks really good from what I can see! None of the newbie things you see sometimes that make me cringe… lol.

Oh thank you! I’m going to take some real photos of her when she’s all put together and then you can really critique her lol. I have the most trouble with the lips! I think the rooting is easier than doing lips.

Thanks for posting the pictures. She is adorable! Can’t believe she is your first baby!

Please don’t be nervous about talking to us or posting pictures, I’ve never seen a cruel critique on this forum. They are always helpful & gentle, & usualy will not give one unless asked.

Welcome to the world of reborns!

Luv…Marlene

wow she is cute, your gonna do great

Awww! Thanks you guys! I’m so tickled to be on here finally! Thanks Omagruene for the lip advice. I avoided the lips on all the base layers. Then when I tried to paint them it was like the paint got all sticky and thick and even after baking between thin layers it would pull off when I tried to paint the next layer. I finally, after much mumbling and a giant pep talk (yes, I talk to myself), stripped them. Scared me to death. I just knew I would ruin the whole head.
So here’s what I wonder now…

1. I think I popped her straight in the oven without letting the lips dry. Would that cause it?
  2. I have been putting my flesh layers on the lips now on the twins I’m working on. At what point should I add lip color? Every layer now instead of flesh?
    Thanks so much!!
    Hugs,
    Nicole

AWww what a cute first baby!! You are doing a great job, keep up the great work!!

Thank you! I’m going to try to post a couple more pic. I keep posting the same one no matter which one I copy. Weird.
;0)

Thanks Karen! Everyone here is so nice!

When I paint a baby, I start painting the lips at the same time I do the mottling, just a very thin layer & I use a mop brush to brush it out of the creases. ( You have to be careful & not brush out of the lip lines or she will look like she has chapped lips, lol ) Then each layer I paint on the baby I put a thin layer on her lips until it’s the color I want. By using very thin layers, you can control the intensity of the final color.
Your color choices are yours. I’ve read many different ways to use the color, so I just use what makes me happy & gives me the intensity I want on the lips. To make it easy, just use the lip color from BB…just remember very light thin layers.
I wish you much success with your reborning…just keep practicing. Oh speaking of practice, I have a practice head that I try all kinds of things on, rooting, coloring, eyebrows, it’s a very strange head, but it is a big help. You can even use an arm or leg…very helpful!

luv…Marlene

Thanks Marlene! I watched the BB & Secrist video & they both did lips all at once at the end. I can see how starting earlier makes sense. I’m almost done with my flesh colors so after I do creases I’ll start on the lips when I start my blush. Can you say run on sentence? Lol.

Um Karen, did you really throw your first baby in the trash can? That makes me kinda sad.

— Begin quote from “Babybliss”

Awww! Thanks you guys! I’m so tickled to be on here finally! Thanks Omagruene for the lip advice. I avoided the lips on all the base layers. Then when I tried to paint them it was like the paint got all sticky and thick and even after baking between thin layers it would pull off when I tried to paint the next layer. I finally, after much mumbling and a giant pep talk (yes, I talk to myself), stripped them. Scared me to death. I just knew I would ruin the whole head.
So here’s what I wonder now…

1. I think I popped her straight in the oven without letting the lips dry. Would that cause it?
  2. I have been putting my flesh layers on the lips now on the twins I’m working on. At what point should I add lip color? Every layer now instead of flesh?
    Thanks so much!!
    Hugs,
    Nicole

— End quote

I never put flesh color on my lips…I start out with a very thin wash of the lip color I’ve decided to use, and keep doing thin washes…never flesh color

Ummm uh oh.
Well, I already put several layers of flesh on. Should I strip them before I move on or just start with lip color when I start adding blush?
Oy. Lips.
Hugs,
Nicole

Thanks for the help!

Hi Nicole

You are getting a lot of advise, that is great. It makes it all more fun. Your baby is comming along very good for your first one. Talk to you later…

Hugs 'n Stuff
Marci

Thanks Marci! I just adore her outfit! I can’t wait till she has a real body to fill it!

Your Teagan is adorable you should be proud of your first baby.
Debi

She turned out very nice. She’s a cutie for sure. Be sure to post more pics when you get her hair all done. I love the Teagan sculpt. She was my first try at reborning too. Here is a picture of her. I did do a little “make over” on her after I had her all finished. Then she went to the County Fair.

Thank You Debi! And foxmom your Teagan is so pretty! Just curious…did she come back home from the county fair?