My current babies head in my purse

I had to have another MRI today. They called and changed the place and time so I was figuring I would be sitting somewhere for a long time. I had a baby head in my purse and some needles and hair, I almost always have something to root laying around since it takes so long. I had to check in and the woman asked to see my ID and my insurance card. Of course my wallet was in bottom of my purse. I dug for a few minutes and then just took the head out of my purse and plopped it in her desk. She glanced up and about ran out of her chair. She freaked! I looked at her and in that second I realized what she was freaking out about. I told her I reborn babies, and explained what reborning is. She was interested in seeing more of my work then. She also asked if I made a habit of carrying body parts in my purse? I told her yes, if I might get caught and have to sit somewhere I have a head in my purse.
I thought this was funny. Has anything like this happened to you?

I hate to be the one to break the news to you… You are officially the crazy doll lady of your town LOL.

LOL!! And I thought people think I’m crazy for talking to myself! And no, I was tempted to take a head to root to the hospital when I had surgery but decided not to scare the nurses! Plus the embrassement of my poor daughter holds me back. I really want to take one shopping so I can get the right size clothes for a change though… but then I’d start talking to myself again while holding a fake baby and trying to put pants on it…I might even get a tight white coat at the end of it!

I do not care to take my babies in public. I love being the crazy baby lady! I think someday we should find a central place and we bring out babies and we all go out shopping with them and go out to eat.

I took a leg to Payless once when I needed to buy shoes for one of my babies. I will never forget the look on the clerk’s face. And nope…I did not bother to explain. I figure it’s her story to tell now.

Oh my goodness Karen! I would love to hear her tell it.

Once I had court from a car accident where i was hit n run from a criminal and i wanted to bring a dolls head! i didnt want to have to answer all the questions since i am shy lol. and Karen I remember you telling us about that foot thing before LOL i cant only imagine the faces people must make when they see reborn parts!

Taking one to court would be funny.

— Begin quote from “sandys sweethearts”

I was seen rooting my head while waiting in my car for my daughters bell to ring. I got the omg look…I thought the cops might show up

— End quote

That is funny!

— Begin quote from “Debora Jenkins”

I do not care to take my babies in public. I love being the crazy baby lady! I think someday we should find a central place and we bring out babies and we all go out shopping with them and go out to eat.

— End quote

Like a breastfeeding “Nurse in”. We can all come out of the closet to root and BAKE in public. lol. I don’t know about eating with the hair flying around; as it is, hair finds it’s way into my food. just imagine how much I’ll accidentally eat then.

— Begin quote from “Karen in Florida”

I took a leg to Payless once when I needed to buy shoes for one of my babies. I will never forget the look on the clerk’s face. And nope…I did not bother to explain. I figure it’s her story to tell now.

— End quote

I took a doll into the Department store for shoes. I treated it like a doll, plopping it down on a chair and wrestled shoes onto it’s feet. Well… I look up and noticed that people were whispering and staring, I thought the sales lady was going to faint. I then held it up by a leg and declared, “it’s a doll”. There was a audible sigh of relief. Now I just take a leg in, much easier, but a whole different kind of stares, lol.

I come to the United States usually twice a year and always have a head to root on that long haul flight. I try to be discreet but usually somebody will notice!!

When I travel back to Ireland one of my check in bags will always be full of doll kits. I often wonder if that gets looked at on x ray machines.

Aren’t we all a little funny?

LOL I love taking my babies out. At Spring Fling there was a group of guys whom I met last year at EMS workshop, came to the truck to help me unload and greet me. The first words out of their mouths were; “Did you bring any babies? I wanna hold her!” They always pass my babies around. I got to take some business cards next time.