Mottling sponges

Wasn’t sure if anyone has tried these & posted about them so I thought I’d throw it out there. I bought a pack of cosmetic sponges & they’re making terrific mottle looks. I either got them on Amazon or Family Dollar…

16 Likes

Thank you for the information :+1::slight_smile:

1 Like

Are those like beauty blenders? They look nicely dense.

1 Like

@deedee2413 yes, they’re super dense. And I’m using pointy tip tweezers to make the holes then scissors to trim the edge off so it doesn’t leave a line…

6 Likes

Welcome @Rosa05!!!

Thank you for sharing. I’ve been looking for nice dense sponges for a while, since my usual brand changed to a flimsy material.

1 Like

I wish I could remember exactly where I got them, here’s a close up of the brand…

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

I trim the top part in rectangular shape on mine, that way mottling are not overlapping as round pattern does.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing,

1 Like

Here’s their site:

https://realtechniques.com/c/sponges

2 Likes

@InfantInspirations ohhhh thanks!!!

1 Like

Looks like Ulta sells them in singles:

https://www.ulta.com/miracle-complexion-sponge?productId=xlsImpprod5960824

2 Likes

They are really nice & dense. Plucked easily, hold their shape. The 4 pack I got was perfect since that’s typically all the mottle colors I’ve done :grimacing:. But great to know you can get singles too!

1 Like

Looks like Walgreens has the four-pack.

I want to try them.

2 Likes

And eBay has them for a lower price:

1 Like

I just did this too! It did work really well!

1 Like

They are definitely worth giving them a try! I hope you like them!

1 Like

@mamadar82 that’s great!!!

@Shara, are the one’s you have cut on a slant or are they cute straight across? The one’s in your picture look like little hats. All the ones that others are showing are the ones that are cut on the slant. I don’t suppose it would matter but yours look like they have a bigger surface.?? Maybe it’s just the pictures but the picture on YOUR packet looks like a little hat, flat surface and comes to a point. No, Yes?

1 Like