More micro preemie skirts

You may remember me sharing this little girl and her outfit in another thread. Well after another Hobby Lobby visit I found some more trims sold by the yard that made more perfect skirts! All I did was cut it enough to overlap a bit in the back. Add a couple of snaps voila, almost instant skirt. I put two snaps because I wanted it to have 2 different waist sizes since this baby has a tummy plate.

23 Likes

Smart and very cute skirts

3 Likes

@Reefbubbles Thank you for sharing, Taunya! I was thinking to use same ruffle lace ribbon from HL for Petunia’s skirt and outfit :slight_smile:
I never installed snaps before. Are they easy to install?

1 Like

Snaps are super easy to install

2 Likes

Great idea. I have those plastic snaps and the tool to fix them into the fabric :wink:

2 Likes

Easier than I ever imagined, and you can get the kits very reasonably priced from Amazon. I first bought the metal ones it did not work very well. Then I spoke with @MilosMeadows about her plastic one and I am so glad I did! I first bought the snaps at Hobby Lobby, they are almost too strong and mine only had the larger snaps. I prefer to use my Amazon ones, I do not have to pull as hard on the fabrics.

1 Like

Taunya, would you please share Amazon link.

2 Likes

I already had a lot of the larger snaps, but I needed smaller ones so these are what I ordered.

This might actually suit your needs better.

3 Likes

@Reefbubbles Thank you!

Awww… I love that idea!

Thanks for this info! I did know such things did exist, but I never thought of using them for this. Now I will have to see if I can order some. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am glad it was helpful :grin:

1 Like

Is that what is used for Pacifier clips? @Reefbubbles

1 Like

I use them at the end to wrap around the pacifier handle and snap it on like these

Or you can do this style…

3 Likes

Love those pacies with words. May I ask where did you buy those wooden beads?

1 Like

Thank you @Reefbubbles I don’t see any plastic snaps on your Paci Clips. I am in the process of learning how to make Paci Clips. Didn’t like my first two. So now I am going to try something different. I am going to order the plastic snaps and Snap Pliers though.

1 Like

I glued one of those satin flowers and a button right on top of it. I don’t have these anymore or I would take some more pics for you😁

1 Like

I bought them at Hobby Lobby, they still have them, just saw them on my last visit.

2 Likes

Thank you for clearing that up! :grinning: They are so nice. I hope my next ones will be better!

1 Like

You can purchase containers of Alphabet beads at Wal-Mart or any place that sells beads, really. You can get some smaller packets. They come in different colors and such. Take a look. I think you will love them!

3 Likes