Mohair... Anyone tried?

Has anyone tried this mohair?

No, where did you find this? I love Alpaca but use Suri Hills.

2 Likes

It’s a seller on eBay. Great prices and awesome feedback… I might try it. Is this ok for a newborn? I want to use it on Luna’s mavie.

It’s absolutely ok for a newborn. Alpaca is very very fine. I have some and haven’t gotten around to using it yet as I understand it isn’t the easiest to work with. I’m a little afraid of it.

1 Like

That’s what I was afraid of!:weary:

The price isn’t that great. It’s $25 for 1/2 ounce for an unknown. For $5 more you can get a 1/2 ounce of Slumberland yearling. It’s really good mohair and easy to work with.

I’m so sorry to ask again… How can I find slumberland?

www.slumberlandnursery.com

1 Like

Thank you Anna!!! :heart:️:heart:️:heart:️

I don’t think they are taking orders right now…

No, she just said no more orders for the rest of the week, she will start up again next week when all her current orders are filled. Just keep checking back, she has beautiful mohair.

2 Likes

I have tried alpaca. On etsy it’s cheaper. Just make sure it says washed and combed or you will have just a ball of hair. It’s a little finer but not alot more trouble. I like it because you can get very straight hair.

1 Like

I just ordered this hair! Her mohair was recommended by another artist on another forum and when I checked, she only had alpaca. I paid $15 And it will be here on Wednesday so I’ll let you know what I think of it @Nikkiroc

1 Like

Alpaca is just like any other fiber from an animal; the quality depends on the age of the animal, on the breeding of the animal and also on the health prior shearing. Alpaca can be finer than kid mohair but i have seen some that was from older animal and it was coarse and not as fine as fine mohair. I get my Alpaca from Suri Hill and I was not disappointed as yet. I think their price is also great; more you buy cheaper it gets, and you have a choice of number of colours…

1 Like