Mmer

Hi I’m about to start on my first reborn. I need to buy some air dry pts. I saw a beginners kit on Dolls by Sandie for pting reborns would this be a good kit to start with? If not I would love to hear suggestions of what brand to get. I Am willing to spend 100.00- 150.00 for one so please if you can help anyone it would be soooo appreciated. Thanks

1 Like

If you already have your other supplies, I wouldn’t buy the starter kit just for paint.
There are several brands to choose from. Just depends what you want.
Paints made for reborning
Waterborne Art and Magic
Ultimate fusion
Reborn FX
Special Care Nursery
Che-Air

(I may be missing a few)

Regular artist grade acylics
Golden fluid
Liquidtex soft and hard body

thank you I appreciate the help wish me luck I m sure I will need it :crazy_face:

I use Che air dry paints

If I were just starting out I would go for Ultimate Fusion paints https://ultimatefusion.shop/
I use Golden Fluid but when I started their were not a lot of reborn specific paints that I could find. Now I know of several. Ive been using UF to paint hair and its really easy to work with. It took me a couple years to find what mediums and varnish, etc. worked with regular acrylic paints, with UF there is a couple mediums but you basically only need to add water.

I use hunny buns( stephanie sullivan) waterborne air dry. You can get a beginner set for around $40. Its super easy to use and i have had very little to no issues.

Water born art and magic are very good and a very good price.

ok I have looked at all the info on Waterborne and ultimate fusion, And i can see one not have to offer something the other doesn’t so price isn’t so much a issue I have been saving for the pts for a while. The one set on waterborne gives you a kit along with the pt. So maybe if some of you tell me what your vote is it would help. I have spent days going back and forth trying to decide which pt to get, I am more confused than ever. Help :thinking:

I use Waterborne and Golden. My waterborne paints are easy to work with, nice coloring
Never tried ultimate fusion but I do like my waterborne

1 Like

Ok can a few of you or more put down the air dry pts you prefer. it will be my way at deciding what air dry pts to buy today. I would really appreciate :grin: :grin: :smile: :smiley: :grinning: it so I can start on my kit I have 6 kits from BB that I want to do. Thanks

Golden or waterborne are my two favorite

I use Liquitex Heavy and Soft Body, also a little Waterborne mixed with it sometimes. I started out with Waterborne then changed to Liquitex which I prefer because it is so smooth and creamy for me. Good Luck choosing. I have never tried UF, Golden or Reborn X or any other but I do think any choice is the right choice.

I love my golden fluid acrylics honestly!