Mehron liquid vinyl

Has anybody ever added color to Mehron Clear Liquid Vinyl? What did you use?

1 Like

watching cause I have no idea what you are talking about :confused:

7 Likes

Me too lol

1 Like

It’s a liquid vinyl makeup. It comes in clear, black and 2 colors of flesh. It’s used for things like scars, cuts, zombie skin, etc. for actors or Halloween costumes. Once it’s dry, it stays on until you peel it off.

1 Like

I used Liquitex Matte Super Heavy Gel for this bite. It is holding up pretty well of course it was a test experiment. It’s been about 6 months.

lshg

4 Likes

That’s what it’s usually used for. I want to try something else with it. Is the super heavy gel clear and flexible when it’s dry? Can you add color to it before you put it on or paint it afterwards?

2 Likes

I added color to it, and after! Yes it is flexible but looks like LMG it is not clear, but if you add it to paint it acts like LMG just thicker.

i got it to see if I could use it to make skin texture but haven’t tried it yet.

What color is it? I want to try making umbilical cords with it so translucent white would be perfect.

2 Likes

It dries clear matte not glossy! I have no idea how it would do for that but I did make a small clown nose with elmers glue, lol, and this is thicker.

6 Likes

Have you used the texture mediums?

1 Like

Omg I’m going to scare my kids when they wake up! I love this baby clown!

1 Like

@Theara I am trying to make a skin texture on my babies but it seems the liquitex paints will not let the texture stay no matter what I do. Can you post a pic of a texture medium that you think would work? You can’t tell very well but that is New (lookalike) Pennywise holding Old Pennywise doll, lol!

1 Like

This baby clown is too cute!

1 Like

Thank you!

I think golden makes one that would work. I saw a painting where someone use it to texture the rocks and it looked amazing. I think someone else on here plays around with a flexible modeling plastic for ears and other modifications.

This one is hard, but they have softer modeling pastes.

https://www.dickblick.com/items/00628-1165/

1 Like

Added that to my growing list of needs, thank you!

1 Like

They are still holding up! I had the little Pennywise face down in a bin and his nose came off. I mad another one, lol.