Meet my service dog. Negan!

Lol. I am. Although I don’t watch it often. My family chose his name for me because I just couldn’t decide. But it fits. And I’ve got a list of dog toys coming in the mail. Havent found a Lucille yet. But I did find a stuffed severed walker arm. Haha

1 Like

congrats!! He is a beautiful boy, wonderful breed too <3

1 Like

He’s so gorgeous! We’re considering getting another dog to join our almost 1 year old pup, but if we got another it would be a service dog for me. Mine would be similar to yours in that it wouldn’t need super advanced training, but would need some.

1 Like

So you can get service dogs for anxiety?? I need to look into this then. How do I go about finding out all the requirements and information?

Dogs that are strictly for anxiety would be considered an emotinal support animal because the animal supports you during an anxiety episode and nothing else.

I have cerebral palsy. Positional vertigo. Anxiety and PTSD. because of this my dog will help with balance. Walking and anxiety. Which qualifies as a Service dog who is granted public access.

You can find all the rules and regulations here.

Be aware that ESA are not granted public access and have a different set of rules. Please be sure you actually need the animal. Service dog abuse of the system is far too common. It makes it harder for people who really need it.

Your dog is beautiful! I hope that you have a long and wonderful relationship.

1 Like

So happy for you. Cograts! He is so cute! So worth the wait, but bet your glad he is finally here!

1 Like

My dog needs a walker arm! Where did you find one?

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018TFTHS8/ref=asc_df_B018TFTHS85508388/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=395033&creativeASIN=B018TFTHS8&linkCode=df0&hvadid=241967215666&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1600514101480607156&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9010843&hvtargid=pla-444986884230

1 Like

Sweet!

1 Like

He’s gorgeous!! How is the training going??

So far so good

He has had 2 accidents in the house. But I think that’s more my not taking him out fast enough because when I take him out he doesn’t waste time going. Seems like he knows what to do but his bladder is so small he can’t hold it long

I took him to Pet smart and he did great. No fear of people or crowds. No negative reaction to riding in the car.

Then I took him to Wal-Mart at night to see how he did walking on a leash beside the cart. He did so well. Kept eye contact with me the whole time. Wasn’t scared of the store or the cart. And he held his bladder until we left the store.

I also introduced him to my sister in laws turkeys. Chickens. Cats. And 3 dogs. No negative reaction. No lunging or snapping. He actually yawned in the face of a chihuahua who was snapping at him. Lol

We have a long way to go. But as of now he is doing wonderful. Aside from his penchant for shoes. Haha

2 Likes

I’m glad he’s home. He looks very happy in the photos. Good for you! Yaaaaaaa!!!

1 Like

Sounds like he is doing great so far. Shoes…I have lost so many shoes to puppy teeth (husband decided to rescue a little beagle) apparently cheap shoes have no interest to the little booger,only the ones that are $100 or more. lol

2 Likes

Mine only liked left shoes. Lol

Lol. Negan seems to like sandles best. Lol

1 Like

I’ve got a beagle too lol She’ll eat anything inedible or not haha Her favorites are hay,guinea pig food,cat food and occasionally she’ll try to eat plastic and rocks lol We haven’t lost shoes to her yet, but we don’t let her near them

1 Like

My pitbull is like that. She will eat anything! She was a rescue from this monster almost starving her so she is still in survival mode 2 years later. I left a cake on the kitchen table and didn’t think she could get into it being plastic boy did I ever learn from that mistake. I’m just glad it wasn’t chocolate!!

2 Likes

Negan keeps me on my toes. For sure. He hasn’t managed to damage anything yet because I keep him in my sight at all times. But he tries. He pulled out the air conditioner plug. The plug from my laptop. The seal from around the door and the plug from my exercise bike. And shoes. So many shoes. Lol

2 Likes

I’m glad she’s in a better home now. :heart: My cat knocked some medicine off of a high shelf when my pup was 12 weeks old, and of course being a puppy she got into it. Luckily for her she only managed to eat one pill, but she still ended up in the ER and had to spend the night getting lots of treatment to make sure she was okay.