Meet my service dog. Negan!

I just wanted to share my service dog in training. Negan! He came home yesterday. He is just under 10 weeks old and a super cuddly sweetheart. He is very smart and is learning already.

37 Likes

Oh my gosh, what a beauty!
Are you training him yourself?

He is gorgeous, he looks like he has grown quite a lot from previous photos.

1 Like

He’s huge! What breed? Absolutely gorgeous. We love big dogs in my family.

1 Like

He’s getting to be such a big boy! :blue_heart: So glad he’s home!

1 Like

He’s so cute! Congratulations!

1 Like

That is awesome! I’m thinking about getting one for my daughter. I didn’t know you could receive them as a pup! He looks super sweet. I hope he makes your life better❤️🐶

1 Like

I’m no expert. But it depends on what your daughter needs him for. More advanced situations like blood sugar detection and things like that would require a more specially trained dog. In that kind of case I would see about specialty trained dog. I am able to train him myself because its just for balance and anxiety. @LisaLynn

He is a Newfoundland. About 10 weeks old here

3 Likes

Wow!! He’s Gorgeous!! Congratulations honey!! :star_struck::heartpulse:

1 Like

To start. Yes.
Once he has mastered house training I will be hiring a trainer for help with public access and such.
I took him to several stores last night. He walked beside the cart without issue. And kept making eye contact with me during the whole time.
He doesn’t bark or growl at other dogs. I introduced him to my sister in laws farm last night. 3 dogs. Turkey’s. Chickens. And cats. Not a single lunge. Bark or reaction at all. He actually yawned at the dogs who barked at him. Haha.

So far so good but we have a long way to go.

3 Likes

Do you know about how big he will be full grown? I’m trying my best to NOT get one. Haha he’s precious!!! I already have 2 great Danes and a pitbull.

Haha that was my guess, a Newfie!!! My grandfather had one and she was very protective of him. A good dog😊

2 Likes

I absolutely want one. Looked the breed up on Google and I am in love with this breed. I’ve never heard of this breed until now.

1 Like

What a cute Giant Puppy!

1 Like

They love the water😊

1 Like

His father is 150 pounds. Lol. Here. This will give you an idea of the breed.

3 Likes

If you want one. Please please be careful. This breed is prone to health problems. Be sure to research a breeder who breeds to AKC standards. And has verified health clearances for the parents. A health tested Newfie costs from 1500$ to 3000$ but it will give them the best start in life which is so important to the giant breeds.

2 Likes

Aww! He’s so cute! I’m so happy that you were able to get your service dog :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you a Walking Dead fan? You should get him a toy baseball bat and call it Lucille. LOL He’s adorable.

2 Likes