Mama tried 🤷🏻‍♀️(Jocy)

Jocy is done. But I can’t even motivate myself to dress her, photograph her, and list her. This kit is terrible. The proportions are all wrong. Then I put the damn thing together and it got even worse. The body is long and skinny. I may buy an Ashley body. Or I may just make her a onesie that says “mama tried”, list her, and be done with her. :woman_facepalming:t2:

14 Likes

Definitely too long of a body. They say she is a 20” baby. What does she measure assembled with the body?

Idk, probably 20 inches. But her head and arm size look like she should be 17 inches at most. I swear, she reminds me of this :woman_facepalming:t2::

15 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:. She does look very disproportionate, how frustrating! Yep try a shorter body for sure

1 Like

Sorry for your trouble :frowning:
I am afraid that on smaller body her head will be too big. May be she would look ok dressed. I saw other Jocies being sold.

The head is tiny. It’s about the size of Ashley’s. And in clothes, she looks even worse. It looks like she has a shrunken head. I’m thinking her only shot is a smaller body and preemie clothes. :woman_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

I’m really sorry you’re having all this trouble, but I have to say this is one of the funniest comparisons I’ve ever seen in my life :joy:

3 Likes

Some real babies are long in the torso, so not sure if she is really that long if she were real. My niece was born very long in her torso. My brother said that most baby clothes were too short for her and gave her a “wedge”, she was so long. She’s 23 years old now and is tall and skinny. So, maybe Jocy will look ok dressed.

You have made me laugh so much! I needed that! I do agree with you – the body looks all wrong. Bless your heart. Mama Tried… might be a good one. :slight_smile:

I haven’t seen a glo worm in a long time. That is hilarious. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I did one and only remember thinking that her arms were too small. To me she looked like a T rex. Lol She was supposed to be sold, but alas I still have her. I need to stop being lazy and list her on reborns. If you dress her, she will look better, I promise. :blush: Here’s mine:

16 Likes

I wonder what jointed 3/4 arm body would look like? It might give her some arm length… she is so cute! I hate that you aren’t happy with her. Mama did try!

Edited to add after writing that i looked and saw that her shoulders are slightly defined, so it could be silly or it could work…idk!

1 Like

:joy: poor thing!

My babies had long torsos too. When my now grown daughter is sitting, people think she’s tall. But she’s only 5’2”. She’s just all torso. But this body for Jocy is unnaturally long. Maybe the wrong body was sent. I think I’ll get a smaller body and see if it looks better.

3 Likes

She’s beautiful. Is her body the same long skinny one?

Yep, definitely defined shoulders. And there’s no way to lengthen the lower arm. :woman_shrugging:t2:

Have you ever seen Doonise on SNL with the tiny baby hands and big forehead :crazy_face:? No really though, she is super cute, and her mama won’t care. I bet the Ashley body would look great though!

1 Like

Thank you, @Katinafleming. It’s the body that she came with. I think I didn’t pack the polyfil as much to make it look a little smaller. You should dress yours and let us see what she looks like. :blush:

Those legs are massive! Its almost like it could be 3 month legs preemie arms and a newborn head. Cute little face though!

3 Likes

I love her face, but didnt buy the kit because her arms look way to short.

2 Likes

I would go down a size body for her.