Making Cuddle Therapy Babies

The baby really looks as if it has eye contact with the lady. That makes a touching moment even more special. Thanks for sharing this!

1 Like

Angie, Ignore my question. I just found your blog and have greatly enjoyed it all. You answered my question completely. Kudos to you for the time you had with patients! I value your comments and conclusions!

To answer your question, St. Mary’s was opening up the new facility and I had heard that they were fixing up a doll room with manufactured baby dolls so I offered to donate a reborn baby. After the great response to him my Mom paid for all the supplies to have me make one for her to donate them a 2nd one for Christmas. Later on I donated 2 more made from spare parts I had here. So I have 4 babies over there in all.

That same year that I was in the paper a local man contacted me about making a reborn Kadence for his mother. In 2013 he contacted me and said she had passed away but that she loved her baby very much and he wanted to donate it to the center as well. He was calling me to get the name of the contact person over there. As far as I know he donated that baby too.

4 Likes

Oh, so there was lots more to your story than was on the blog! Thanks so much for typing out “the rest of the story.” Your blog gave the courage to start making my own baby bodies. I made an attempt today; Doll joints,also arrived, from Amazon so I am eager to start them tomorrow.

[quote=“Jane1, post:24, topic:24774”]
“the rest of the story.”
[/quote] Love the Paul Harvey reference. I miss hearing him.

1 Like

Awe thanks :blush: I’m finishing up one for my grandma now. She’s going to be 96 in August and is starting to slip in and out of the past. My mom asked me to make her one since she enjoyed holding the ones I made my girls so much.

Do you ladies think a 19 or 20 inch doll would be too large for the elderly if it’s made light enough?

I think that’s a good size if it’s not too heavy. Two and a half to three pounds would probably be plenty. Many elderly seniors have reduced muscle strength.

2 Likes

Yes, that size would be fine as long as they are only lightly weighted.

For Alzheimers or Dementia patients, Baby needs to be:
~Be awake /open eyed
~Weigh between 3-5 lbs max
~Be between 17-19 inches and wear newborn clothes.
~No magnets
~Bald or painted hair or
~Matte / Protective finished so baby can be gently wiped down
~No eyelashes
~Come in 1 pair of pajamas and a clean blanket

I borrowed this from the ROSE website:
For Children Teens or Adults, Baby needs to be:
~Sleeping or awake
~Weigh between 1 - 7 lbs max
~Can be between 14-21 inches
~Wear preemie - 3 month sized clothes
~No Magnets