Magnify it!

Here’s a question for artists - do you use magnifiers when painting? If so, how often?

I purchased a bright LED lamp to go on my desk and it came with a magnifier. Now and then I remember I have it and I try to see if I can spot those pesky lint crap stuck in the paint or hairs that shed from my paint brushes, but I feel cross-eyed if I use it for too long for more than glance or two, lol!

What are your opinions/experiences?

1 Like

You’ll go stark raving mad trying to ‘pick out’ all the tiny little bits of fuzz or whatever, it’s totally annoying!

3 Likes

I also have a very bright LED lamp with a magnifier, but I honestly rarely use it. For me, it helps just having a direct light source on my work.

I got one of LED lamp desk magnifiers recently & I wish I had sooner :weary: I use the magnifier only when rooting however. At first it took some time getting use to looking through the magnifier but now that I use it I can’t root without it. :woman_facepalming:t4: I don’t like to paint through it. The lamp part is so bright and nice so I mostly use it for the lighting.

2 Likes

I just use my floor standing Ott light which has a magnifier on it but I don’t use that. I find it weird to try to paint looking through it.

1 Like

I use magnifying glasses with a light for rooting.

2 Likes

I use a magnifying lamp from start to finish…every step of the way

1 Like

I use a magnifier that I wear on my head. No looking through lamps. I strap it to my head and then its not so awkward to use. Lol.

1 Like

I have one of those… but it bugs me…I can move and adjust my lamp so intends up working better for me

2 Likes

My biggest issue is it makes me hot after an hour or so.

I use one for rooting and painting nails, I also use it to check between each layer for tiny hairs stuck on the vinyl, air dry paint seems to attract them

1 Like

I detest shedding brushes and sponges :tired_face: I use my magnifying lamp to root and check over my work. It gets frustrating lol just when I think it’s good enough… I look closer and ugh! I don’t use it for painting but I’m going to try it for nails soon. I can’t imagine being able to see those tiny nails and paint them

I have one and like @Jaclyn1 I use it for rootingand once in a while for nails, but usually just for rooting. It would drive me crazy to use for painting!

Use it all the time!

I use a magnifying lamp for rooting and readers for painting. Probably time to look at getting some bifocals.