Magnets for inside head for bows

Does abound have a link of what they order?
I want to make some magnetic bows. Also what are the bows called that come a bunch in a sheet? The kind with a flat back that I can glue and moleskin a magnet on?
Am I making any sense? :thinking:

5 Likes

I buy many different sizes.

Laurie

3 Likes

Could you not use the same ones as you’d use for the pacifiers?

2 Likes

kjmagnetics.com has many sizes I buy the ones that are 1/4" X 1/32" for hairbows. They can be glued under the back center loop of the bow so it sits closer to the head and you don’t need any moleskin. I put a larger, stronger magnet inside the head. wish.com has all kinds of bows but I don’t know how long it would take to get them right now since they come from China. You can also make your own bows with pretty ribbon.

3 Likes

I find those to be too thick for hairbows. They work if the baby has a lot of hair, but otherwise the magnet can be visible especially on a baby with painted hair or bald.

3 Likes

Ah, okay. Thanks. I’ve never done magnetic bows, so I always thought people just used the same magnets.

3 Likes

I get these because they are strong enough and are flatter than the others. Also, I used to find the bows on the plastic sheets that you are talking about at Michaels and Joann’s. I haven’t found them lately.

3 Likes

I order my magnets at kjmagnetics.com. Here is a picture of the card I use which has the magnets that I mostly use. The ones that are 1/16 thickness are the ones I use on bows. The size would depend on the size bow I use:
magnets

Here is an example of one of the bows/flower that I glued the small 3/8 round 1/16 thick magnet to. Note: This picture does not show it, but I always cover my magnets with felt or moleskin.

Here is where I order my flowers and bows from on etsy. She has a very large selection and the quality is great.

5 Likes

You guys are great! :heart::heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

This is awesome … thank you!!!

@rainbow are these what I can use?

1 Like

Thank you! Yes! I have been looking for the ones on the sheets! Why are they hard to find these days?

1 Like

@rainbow would these work?

1 Like

Yes those would work. Please note these are 1 3/4 inches wide, so make sure that is the right size for what you want.

1 Like

Yes I think those would work.

1 Like

I don’t know, I wanted some new ones to have on hand but can’t find them. I guess the didn’t sell well, maybe.

1 Like

Thanks guys!!! I’m really appreciate you!

@Nikkiroc, look at these I have saved in my Etsy. She sells lots of pretty things.

3 Likes

Ooooohhhhh!!! These are so pretty!!! I can see this will be another expensive project :joy:
So many cute things!!!

1 Like

I promise this is the last magnet question for the day… what size are the mag yes thst go in the honeybugg Pacis?