MacPherson Issue

I can vouch for the fact that the sale kits are NOT seconds… I have bought about 20 of the de Lange toddler kits, and they were all received in perfect condition. just an FYI on the sale kits I have received :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m very, very new to the reborn hobby too. From what I understand, someone bought a kit on sale, it had some unexpected imperfections. Imperfections like black spots on a new kit indicate a contaminant in the vinyl material that will cause more damage as the parts are processed by the artist?

The customer service concern was the buyer wasn’t expecting imperfections, voiced concerns, was first told he would be out more funds in order to replace/return the merchandise. This caused confusion, so he started a thread to get a reaction from more experienced buyers. The vendor decided to issue a full refund after this thread was started.

So, what I conclude is that the OP wanted to buy the kit, decided the price was right, was not expecting imperfections, but he now has something he didn’t want even though he had hoped to have a first-rate kit. I’m not sure what a win-win solution would be, but it sounds like, to me, he wanted to buy a good kit at a price he found agreeable, and still is unable to do so. I don’t think anyone was out to get something for free, just want they had believed they were purchasing.

Have I missed anything?

I want to know, because I am new, I would hate to have to deal with this myself and I’m sorry for anyone else involved. I hope this isn’t typical and is a rare exception in the buying experience for anyone.

Hang in there, beck! I hope you get your David Kewy you wanted and he turns out to be wonderful for you!

3 Likes

Well, alright, @MacPhersonCrafts . I’m not saying I won’t order from you again, but I’m a little surprised by your service. Seems quite standoffish to me. Also, jumping on others for posting in the thread is … really weird for a business to do. I appreciate the refund.

6 Likes

I’ve ordered a single kit once without problems.
But now I’m reading about the black spots being ‘normal’? That really surprises me. For a seconds kit, sure, but if I pay $100 for a kit I expect good quality.
Makes me wary to order from there in the future…

7 Likes

Also just because it was repeated so many times, want to point out I’m a man not a lady :sweat_smile:

I’m not totally unhappy. I am a little confused because I was attempting to express what would’ve “made me happy,” an exchange; but MacPherson’s claims “there is no way to solve the situation with the customer.” I’m okay with the refund now that it’s happened.

• I find it a little weird that the initial response was simply telling me the kit was half price. I knew that already, but I didn’t order a seconds kit, I ordered a first quality sale kit.
  • The solution provided to me implied I would pay shipping, which wasn’t okay with me because it wasn’t a return because I changed my mind, it was a return because I got something I didn’t order. If I ordered a shirt online and it came with a couple small stains, the retailer would pay to have it exchanged/returned. That’s just how business works. If you don’t want to pay that shipping, you inspect the merchandise before you send it out.
  • I presume everyone left for the weekend before my issue could get responded to when I asked who would be responsible for the shipping. No problem, I don’t expect anyone to go past their working hours for me, of course!! :slight_smile:
  • I posted on the forum because it’s a discussion forum related to reborning. This is where we discuss reborn suppliers, kits, etc. I was seeking opinions on who should pay shipping, whether I was in the wrong, and if anyone had had similar experiences.
  • I would’ve preferred the exchange because I don’t want to pay to ship a new kit to myself, but I’m alright with the refund. I figured they’d have wanted the kit back, but I appreciate it just the same.
  • Jumping down my throat, and everyone else’s, on this thread struck me as highly unprofessional.
  • MacPherson’s offers great deals and I will still order from them again. I find experiences with them to be generally positive, quick, and very easy. They have the best Canadian prices due to their shipping deals. I appreciate what they do for the reborn community. However…

I paid for a product and received a slightly damaged product. I should not be expected to be grateful for basic customer service or ashamed for having posted about it publicly. Again, I do appreciate the refund. I just think there needs to be a little work done on how you treat customers and other reborners in the community. Accusing Ludmilla of making you look bad for posting a photo in the same thread? I am okay with the refund. I appreciate that something was done to rectify the situation. However, making me look like an insane, unstatisfiable customer and targeting others in the thread was not cool, and reflects very poorly on your business.

11 Likes

I’m sorry for getting your gender wrong, please forgive me…

No need to apologize at all, not a big deal!!! I definitely don’t want to make anyone feel guilty or uncomfortable or anything, just figured it was worth putting out there for future reference :slight_smile:

7 Likes

After reading through again, I will also add that there is a black spot on each of the limbs, not a single black spot on one foot. Alright, I’m letting it go now!! :joy:

5 Likes

Normally we do work it out and no…black spots are not normal.
I am sorry that I got my dander up last night
I must confess that publicly solving an issue with a customer on social media is very hard to deal with .
My response on this thread was not typical for me…I do appolagize to everyone here.
hUgs Brenda XOOXOX

4 Likes

Following

1 Like

The shipping invoice is so they can bill you excactly what it’s going to cost to ship the product. I like it that way. I ordered needles the other day. Other sites would have charged $7+ for that order. They charged me $2.95. It’s a little inconvenient to have to wait about a day for the shipping invoice. But it’s usually worth it. As for communication, I find that they go above and beyond. I made a complaint about FedEx on here. They ruined my package from MacPherson. MacPherson was at no fault. But within an hour after seeing my post, Brenda herself called me and said she was going to resend the order asap. They didn’t have to do that. But they did. Because they care about their customers.

6 Likes

I was among those that did not shop with Macphersons for a couple of years because I had problems, but I gave them another chance pretty recently and they seem to be doing better. My kits were in good shape and they arrived super fast. They even included a honey bug pacifier.

4 Likes

I just got my latest order (3 limbs pack sets) today (fri) and ordered Wed!!! (am in Pa USA) wonderful service

2 Likes

I have never had problems with them myself granted I do not spend $4000 at a time however if they are good with even my meager purchases I am good with them .

2 Likes

Yep.

My very first order with them and one of the kits I got was Tink. I noticed a bubble on one of her fingers. I opened a ticket and sent pics. All I wanted was a bubble free arm sent to me. It’s. 99.00 kit. Well the answer to me was just pop the bubble fill it with varnish bake and paint the kit.

2 Likes

I think I do remember your order in particular and how upset you were about the shipping fee being billed after the fact. I am not certain if you expected it was free shipping or were upset about the time that had passed due to the shipping invoice waiting to be paid.

If an order lands on our web-site on a Friday evening…on a holiday or over the weekend it can seem much longer … or our customer does not see the invoice due to it landing in their spam folder.

The fact is that any order over 100.00 dollars shipped within North America gets out the door very quickly as we do pay for he shipping so no need for us to stop and send an invoice.

Our web-site is not yet integrated with the shipping being automated as we offer our customer the exact price that we pay our courier with a very large discount. We do not mark up our prices one penny more than what we pay. I know many web-sites are set up to charge automatically but they are usually at the full rates and the customer chooses based on what ever the delivery company charges at those full rates.

We are working very hard at upgrading our site to have the discounted prices plugged in by our couriers. The problem is that every single item on our site must be weighed and measured before we are good to go.

We too wish it was much quicker for orders under 100.00 dollars but normally we have the invoice sent back within the next day once it is measured and weighed.

I am very sorry you did not have a good experience with us…but please know we are always working hard to improve our selection and service. :slight_smile:
hUgs Brenda XOXOXOXO

7 Likes

Hi Simone…we are told by our artists they cannot guarantee the heating of vinyl as bubbles can appeaer once heated that cannot be detected before…however we are very fair about these things regardless. If you find it is not able to be repaired by what we have suggested many times we will send a new one if we can get permission to send it . What is your order number please so I can look it up and I can ask Bonnie if we are allowed to replace it.
hUgs B XOXOX

3 Likes

I see I responded to Simone rather than your comment Vanniek
here is the same copied and pasted…hUgs B OXOXO
We are told by our artists they cannot guarantee the heating of vinyl as bubbles can appeaer once heated that cannot be detected before…however we are very fair about these things regardless. If you find it is not able to be repaired by what we have suggested many times we will send a new one if we can get permission to send it . What is your order number please so I can look it up and I can ask Bonnie if we are allowed to replace it.
hUgs B XOXOX

2 Likes

Thank you Katina!!!
I had never seen anything like that parcel in my life!!! :open_mouth:
It is so nice to see positive comments…we truly do care about each and every one…but sometimes when a screw up happens we take that experience and hopefully learn from it.
hUgs B XOXOOX

2 Likes