Luminaire acrylic paints

Thank you.

1 Like

Sorry for bumping a rather old thread, but I wanted to ask if you prefer liquitex over golden fluid? I’m trying to decide which of the two to use. I hope you don’t mind me asking. Thank you :smile:

I love my Liquitex. I’ve never used the Golden but a lot of people like those, too. I believe you can get either at Michael’s. dickblick.com and jerrysartarama.com and Amazon.com all have both if you want to buy online.

2 Likes

The Liquitex are they hard body or soft body? Maybe I am getting this confused with another air dry paint. On my recent Leilani Yawning I used some of the Luminaire air dry paints I had purchased. I added an adhesive additive when I mixed the paint. I just hate not using something I spent money on. I don’t sell my babies so I thought I would give it a try.

I use both. The hard, or heavy body, are just thicker so you have to thin them a little more. I can’t always find the color I need in one or the other. That’s the only reason I use both.

1 Like

Thank you. I love how your babies turn out. Your babies one of my favorites.

Aaww, thank you.

1 Like

I forget, what does “hard body” and “soft body” mean with these paints?

I think by “hard” body Jean means heavy body as opposed to soft body. Heavy is a thicker paint like the kind that you could make swirls and texture in when painting on canvas. Soft body is thinner- not as fluid as Golden Fluid acrylics, but thinner than the heavy body.

I used to use Liquitex when I used air dry paints. I did like it and still do for air brushing.

2 Likes

Thank you, Jenny. That makes sense.

1 Like

When Jean gets back she can probably explain better.

Nope. You got it.