Lucian Hybrid or similar

Show me your werepups, Lucian’s, or other similar dolls! Looking for inspiration for my own Lucian :blush:

Here are mine

Lucian was a little trickster. He befriended some little piggies by pretending to be one of them.

8 Likes

Soooo cute. Love your guys.

1 Like

When you painted the flesh colors is it similar to our coloring? Or since I’m doing mostly black fur should I do a dark skin?

1 Like

Love this!!!

1 Like

Omg I Love him!

1 Like

Thanks @Shera1, @Nikkiroc, and @chatrat.
@Amber I only put a few layers of paint on the big areas. My dogs have light flesh color under their fur. So that’s what I did. Then I did gray and pink around the nose and tips of ears, and parts of the paw pads. Then I went all black with the nose, main part of paw pads, lips, eyelids, etc. My next one will have some black polka dots on his skin around his nose like my real dogs have. If you have a real dog, just look at him. He will give you ideas for the skin.

Here are my boys. Ignore the ink on the white one. My grandson thinks he’s a doodle bear. :woman_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

Thank you so much! My golden fleece black and silver will be here Monday (fingers crossed) so I’m going to work on painting him this weekend! I’ll definitely post updates on here as I progress :grin:

2 Likes

Have fun!!!
@Katinafleming I love your pups!!!

1 Like

Oh what lovely pups. Buddy looks like he’s saying help me Mum, no more doodling. :laughing:

2 Likes

Haha!!! Totally!!! :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

That’s Attila all covered in ink. Achilles can do whatever he wants to him. Attila loves attention of all kinds. :wink:

And Achilles loves dogs…the bigger the better. He has a Doberman of his own at home.

3 Likes

I know this is an old post but I just pulled out my Lucian. Going to give him a bath. I need some inspiration. If anyone else has painted and rooted him PLEASE post a pic. Thanks!!! :pray:t4: :heart: :purple_heart:

Late to the party, but I have done a couple Robbie sculpts. I don’t have many pictures of my personal Robbie (thanks to my previous phone getting destroyed). My personal Robbie doesn’t have hair yet, but that is going to change in the future.

What helps me in painting the skin is actually looking up pictures of hairless dog breeds. Xolos and chinese crested are examples of hairless breeds. If you are wanting a strong newborn look, newborn puppies typically have a prevalent rose tone around their paws and nose. If you plan to add thick mohair it helps to exaggerate your creases and blush a little in areas where hair is going to be prominent. My personal Robbie has heavy red tones because there will be thick hair added (so it will tone it down) and I was also playing with a new medium so it’s not my best work, lol.

3 Likes

Cute, thanks for the info. Getting ready to start on mine. I am finishing up a custom Amelia and Kyra, then on to Lucian! I am excited about him. Then my Manor Elf or maybe at the same time. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like