Looking for Mila by Sheila Mrofka

HI all! I have been quietly “lurking” on the forum for quite some time, but have never properly introduced myself. My name is Desiree and I’m from Kansas. I loved dolls as a child, but stumbled into this hobby completely by accident. Several years ago, I came across reborn dolls on Ebay, and fell completely in love with the talent and artistry that goes in to each and every one. I was intrigued. About a year and a half ago, I painted my first of many Berenguer’s. My first I gave to my Mom for Christmas. I have only completed 2 reborns, with 2 more waiting in the wings. I have no clue if I"ll ever sell them as I just love painting and rooting, and I find it to be a calming hobby. I have 3 grown children and 3 grand children (so far!) Which brings me to this post. 30 years ago, I lost my second oldest son. I had never really thought about doing a portrait baby until today. I stumbled across a pic of the Mila sculpt, and the resemblance to my son is uncanny. However, the sculpt is long sold out. I’m hoping if there IS still one around, I might find it here. If anyone would happen to have this kit for sale, I"d love to visit with you! Thank you so much if your still reading this and for having me on the forum!

5 Likes

I hope you can find the kit!

Would love to see your Reborns :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’d like to see them, too. I hope you find the kit.

1 Like

I think I possibly have a Mila! Let me go look?

1 Like

Welcome to the forum!

1 Like

Realized I have a different Mila! Sorry tired brain read Mrofka, as Michael, I hope you find one! Also welcome to the forum!

1 Like

Thank you all for the welcome! The first kit I panted was Megan. Second, was Meg . I just started the Sydney BB, which will be a cuddle baby, and I have a realborn Dominic after that! ! The last pic is my first Berenguer. 48395805_211222903113756_8979025106797854720_n|279x500

99123193_254557915785897_6427217944836571136_n

6 Likes

6 Likes

They’re all so cute. I love your Megan. Meg was the first baby I ever sold and I still like the Berenguers.

1 Like

I believe I actually have two of her… I can go look later this morning.

1 Like

Thank you! I love the Berenguer’s also! I painted two of them for my Grandaughters .For the price, they have an amazing amount of detail.

Oh my gosh that would be amazing! Thank you so much!

Welcome!!!

1 Like

I purchased some Berenguers about 13 years or so ago. I wanted to start paining dolls then, but we got another real grand baby. So, I put it all to the side. I have noticed that their price seems to have soared.

1 Like

I’ve noticed that they’ve gone up a lot too.