Look what I found, so excited!

Look what I found, I am so excited and happy I am going to have this to put my keeper babies in, while my babies that are for Adoption can be in the bassinet. I just bought this crib with mattress and complete bedding set (haven’t seen the bedding set yet). I will see the bedding set on Thursday when it gets delivered. I paid $50.00 for everything.

Anyone know what crib this is? (It’s a Simmons Crib)
I was thinking an old Jenny Lind but could be wrong, I told my husband it’s an antique compared to the cribs that they make today. I am just to excited not to say anything. I will take more pictures after it gets delivered and I have it set up where I want it with my babies in it.

I may be making a gender neutral bedding set for the crib later on once I decide how I want the nursery to look.

17 Likes

Ohhhhh that’s beautiful!

2 Likes

Thank you, I received $100.00 cash for Christmas from my brother and I decided to just put that up and start hunting for a Crib with in that price range since I now have 5 keepers, and 7 more keepers when and if I ever finish them, so this is a must have.

4 Likes

That’s beautiful!!! It does look similar an older Jenny Lind crib but the spindles aren’t quite right. It reminds me of Early American furniture designs.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if it’s a Jenny Lind, but whatever else it is it was a steal!!

1 Like

That what I thought too, a steal at that price with mattress and bedding.

3 Likes

It’s beautiful, but it’s my understanding that it is illegal to sell the old drop-side cribs anymore, she should have just given it to you. The only use for them would be for dolls and display or to make them into neat benches, daybeds or other creative stuff.

1 Like

I will look on Thursday morning providing the tag is still on it somewhere to say what crib it is.

We have to know! I bet an antique store owner would know. They’d probably love to share their knowledge.

2 Likes

I bought it for display use in my nursery to use for my keeper babies and I am happy to pay for it just like I would if I were buying a painting or a vase or any other decorative item.

3 Likes

What a great find, it’s beautiful!

1 Like

That is one great find! That is a beautiful crib.

1 Like

Beautiful baby cot, beautiful price…Congrats on an excellent find! :smile:

1 Like

Very beautiful. It is hard to find the drop side cribs because they are outlawed to sell(Safety issues) I love them for taking pictures with the rail down.

2 Likes

It’s absolutely beautiful. Your keepers will look gorgeous tucked up in there :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

That would be a steal without the bedding and mattress. :slight_smile: what a find! I have no idea what brand it is but it’s beautiful! Congrats to you.

2 Likes

Update

The Crib is here and it is a 1981 Simmons Crib.

2 Likes

I now have the crib put together and made up, I now have to finished rearanging the furniture around as the crib didn’t fit where I thought it would. I like it and it is very sturdy. This is the bedding set it came with.

Sorry for the bad photos, I was a bit shaking when I took the photos.
I think this bedding is gender neutral enough until I decide how I want to decorate it differently.

5 Likes

It’s really lovely x

1 Like

It’s beautiful!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like