Look at this beautiful baby! GENA.....WOW!

If the artist is a member here, I just want to say AWESOME JOB!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Made-Reb … 1480754143

I agree that baby is gorgeous. But that baby has been adopted. This auction is only for a deposit for a custom from her. I didn’t get that at first but then I read the auction.

I keep going back to look at that gorgeous baby…I’d love to have a custom that looks identical to it! But I’d have to be guaranteed: IDENTICAL

Very sweet!

— Begin quote from “ta5401”

I can never repeat my dolls. I have done the same sculpt and did everything the same, but they never look the same. Don’t know if it is just me. That is why I have an album of previous work so they can see the total quality of my work. One doll just does not show my full talent. Not sure if anyone else feels this way or not.
Tina

— End quote

I know what you mean, I am the same way – no matter how many times I reborn the same sculpt, it never really looks IDENTICAL to the one before. I’d be very leery of ever telling anyone I could duplicate one of mine; I honestly don’t think I could.

Beautiful baby! And it is done with air dry too…but I’d love to know which ones since she says they have been rated to not crack or fade for 100 years. She might mix her own. Wish my gena had turned out like that…then she would be lying in a cradle near me

— Begin quote from “djjessie228”

Beautiful baby! And it is done with air dry too…but I’d love to know which ones since she says they have been rated to not crack or fade for 100 years. She might mix her own. Wish my gena had turned out like that…then she would be lying in a cradle near me

— End quote

It sounds like she uses paints that are rated 1 from the ASTM which have been tested and evaluated to last over 100 years. Let me post some of my old notes about this so that can have a better understanding of what I am talking about:

ASTM stands for the American Society for Testing and Materials.
ASTM has a standard which rates paints by their lightfastness.
This is done by exposing paints to unusually strong and prolonged artificial light, and rating
them according to the degree to which they have faded or discoloured. A scale of one (1) to four
(4) is used for this. If your paint has an ASTM rating of one (1) it has excellent lightfastness and the pigment will
remain unchanged for more than 100 years. An ASTM rating of two (2) means that the pigment in
the paint has very good lightfastness so that it will remain unchanged for about 100 years.
Fair lightfastness, with an ASTM rating of 3, will remain unchanged for 20 to 100 years, while
paints rated ASTM 4, poor lightfastness, or Fugitive will show discoloration in less than 20
years.

These ratings are listed on the paint jar label or you can find them on their color charts.
The baby listed is beautiful and the artist did a fantastic job.