LOL Putting dolls together What do you DREAD

I don’t have much lint problem but lately I started to be paranoid with Americana soft varnish. It cures so fast that if I miss teeny-tiny fuzz from nowhere (no animals in out household) it’s stick inside of varnish and I cannot removed it.

I dislike inserting eyes (and cutting eye flap) and glueing eyelashes.
Veins - they either invisible or to sharp.
And when perfect colors disappearing after a bake.

5 Likes

I have used so many zip ties thinking the body was ok only to discover I hated it!! Gotta order another one!

5 Likes

Happened to me so often, too. Now I thread strings through and put it all together. I leave it like that for a few days, occasionally picking the reborn up and feeling the weight and looking at it. Only once I’m sure I like it all I take the strings out and put zip ties in.

6 Likes

I’m always so sure I am doing the right thing. :wink:

1 Like

I’m back to add more of what I hate… How could I possibly forget picking fuzzies out of my paint, eye insertion and especially eye positioning.

For this to my favorite hobby, I sure do hate a lot of the steps. :rofl: What do I like so much? I think I like the actual painting process, dressing them up and holding them once they are together, and for sure buying kits. :grin:

6 Likes

Oh gosh, thanks ~ you’re too kind :blush:

The part I dread most is taking pictures! YIKES! :open_mouth:

4 Likes

What I dread most is rooting and eyebrows. UGHHHHH

1 Like

He’s actually fairly light. Maybe 6-7 pounds. I don’t want him heavy at all. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

The thing I really really dread is having to get rid of them. It is most definitely the hardest part for me. And that is why my house is getting full of babies! :laughing:

5 Likes

@DollyPardon LOL. It reminded me similar thread that we had in January where full of humor @Nikkiroc kept listing, and kept listing… and as a summary it turned out that she only likes to buy kits and shop for babies.
I think we all can relate to that! :rofl:

7 Likes

@kareninflorida Well, you are good for hiding that dislike because I always admire your photoshoots and just looking at kits reviews I can definitely identify yours - you have your own perfect style.

4 Likes

Thank you, I really appreciate that! Pictures are always such a struggle.

2 Likes

Pictures are hard for met too!

2 Likes

those blasted cable ties!!! I ALWAYS tighten them and part of the head or limb is not in… DUH!!! I go thru them like water(I know they are cheap, BUT think I would get it right the first time EYE ROLL

4 Likes

lol!!! don’t forget spending the money, that’s my fav part LOL

2 Likes

If I make mine that heavy I would not be able to pick the up and hold them very much. But, I do understand that folks purchasing a doll of this size would expect that kind of weight.

2 Likes

eyebrows.

modge podging the flanges.

and getting them assembled but I know I am almost done so I trick myself into feeling excited.

I love all the rest of it.

If I rooted I would hate rooting, but I hate rooting so I don’t.

2 Likes

I hate taking photos and creating the listings. I have a couple of babies right now that im almost too embarrassed to list. They’ve been done and ready to sell for weeks…while I drag my booty on taking photos :rofl:. By the time i list them people are going to think theyre used, cause their “born” date is so long ago. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Adding cable ties to a body is always brutal. There’s something about the entire assmbling process that just puts me on edge. Next would be switching outfits during a shoot. Silly, I know, but it’s tiring. Painting is always soothing, but what comes next is the sour bit for me. :disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes