Listing duration on eBay

How long have you had a baby up for auction on eBay. I was wondering how long I should keep relisting before I get a sale, or should just let it go and try again another time.

I list auctions for 7 days and keep re-listing as soon as i noticed it did not sell (or have the automatic relisting set). That way any watchers know it is still available; anybody who has the baby on their watch list gets a notice from eBay when you re-list. If you wait for a while before re-listing, you start again from 0 watchers.
Auctions for 7 days gives enough time for people to see the baby, 10 days is too long for many people to wait, and in 3 days you seriously limit the number of people actually seening it. For BIN I use 10 days, while the first couple of days not many people look at it, but anybody who wants it can buy it.

Some babies get snatched the moment they are listed, one of mine took recently 6 months of being listed continuesly!

Thanks Ludmila. I haven’t had experience listing for more than 3 relists so far. I’ll keep trying.

— Begin quote from “otterbaby2”

Thanks Ludmila. I haven’t had experience listing for more than 3 relists so far. I’ll keep trying.

— End quote

You really should. I once had to relist a baby four times before someone immediately purchased him on the buy-it-now. My only rule is to never go lower than the price you want. Stick to your guns. Sometimes (I think often, from what I’ve heard) your watchers are just waiting for payday before making their purchase!!

I tried five days but mostly have done three days lately. With even five days it seems like people forget about it or just get sidetracked looking at other babies. It does seem to take more than one time listing them to sell. Just too many babies to choose from for people to break down and buy the first one they see.