Lights for reborning

@Tessa I guess I can do that, but I want it to be movable/ flexible based on what I am painting, however moving that thing make it loose. :tired_face:

1 Like

I read the reviews for the one you posted and it seems there can be an issue with it falling over. You would have to probably rig it to stay standing. The reviews say the base is too small. There are good reviews too though. I just wouldn’t want to risk getting anything that causes frustration. lol.

1 Like

Hmm. Maybe your husband would have an idea. Some sort of clamp that’s easily movable or some way of tightening the joint.
Or you can just get a new lamp like me.

1 Like

I have a floor lamp with a Cree daylight bulb, a regular incandescent, and a warm white LED. I mostly paint with the Cree on, but I switch between all of them to check my painting.

1 Like

I put a daylight bulb in the ceiling light fixture in my studio, it’s just perfect for painting but I have to add another for photography. To me it works better than having just a lamp pointed in the general direction of where I’m working.

1 Like

So you just have a regular floor lamp with a daylight bulb? I would actually like a lamp with day light. Everything looks different in day lighting.

1 Like

I live in an older home so I have to use low wattage bulbs. My ceilings are very high as well so I don’t have much light at all.
The only place with good lighting is the kitchen but I have to move my craft table every time I want to paint in there. I don’t like that or the idea of painting in the kitchen. I don’t want my babies to smell like food. Lol!

I get that. A lamp would be your best bet then.

1 Like

I really need a dedicated craft room. My sewing and reborning is done in my room. Both of those things take up a lot of space. Luckily my room is pretty big, but it’s also the hang out for me and my fur babies! Lol.
I need to get a plastic cover like @dinokc.
My male cat LOVES to snuggle with my babies. If I have a kit out, he’s laying by it! This is the same cat that adopts orphaned kittens from around my neighborhood and brings them home. :woman_facepalming:t2:

8 Likes

What a sweetie! I have a “helper” too. He’s always lurking during photoshoots and he steals things from me. My girl cat hates me and the dolls but my boys both like them.

6 Likes

It’s funny how male cats are so much more nurturing than females.

1 Like

Yep. The lamp has three outlets that you can tilt and position

2 Likes

Oh that’s awesome! That may be what I need to spread light around my whole painting area.

You can get them from Walmart and Home Depot so pretty cheap. A good daylight light bulb is relatively expensive compared to other types of light bulbs, but critical to have.

1 Like

I agree. And it would be worth having to save me from running outside to inspect limbs all the time. Lol.

our property is in the woods, and my painting, nursery room, faces north= bad lighting. I use all daylight bulbs in there (daytime, nighttime) and they work very well. I buy them on Amazon and use them in a wall lamp (adjustable arm) and a sitting lamp. they are very bright, and stay cool, no matter how long you have them on

3 Likes

@peachtree Elizabeth, can you take a picture of your lamp, please.

5bcde3328653ed5c2a595f9e

I want to try this it is called a knitting light.

4 Likes

Let us know if it helps. I have something like this for night reading with one bulb, but it’s not enough light, unless you are planning to use it in addition to the main light.

@YelenaRey I have the same light that @Katinafleming posted about. It is awesome. Once in position it does not move unless you readjust it. It is very sturdy and the magnifier is a very nice size. I am able to sit at my work table and comfortably be able to work on small details easily with this lamp.

1 Like