Lights for reborning

I suffer from extreme migraines and when I reborn, sometimes they get worse.
I bought a lamp to help with the eye strain, but I’m not liking it. Lighting in my house is already not the best, so I need a good lamp that enables me to also work at night.
Any suggestions for good crafting lamps would be appreciated. Ty!

1 Like

Have you tried an Ott Lite? There are floor and table models.

2 Likes

OttLItes are fantastic. Full spectrum lighting also gives you an accurate idea of your babies color. They are a bit on the pricey side, but so worth it. Michaels carries them.

2 Likes

I use Ott Lites too. I got mine at Jo Ann’s- they often have 40 and 50% off sales. I also saw some at a great price at Tuesday Morning and almost picked up an extra- kind of wish I had. I got both mine a big floor one and larger size desk one that clamps onto the table for about 136 including tax. The bulbs were included.

3 Likes

I got my big ott light for $50 a couple of months ago during a sale at JoAnns. Just watch for sales and buy on when you find it at a great price.

3 Likes

Ott light it is then! Going purchase one today. Thanks guys!!

4 Likes

Here’s the one I have. This is a good price.

4 Likes

Perfect timing! Joann’s sent out a 60% off coupon this morning! It’s valid today only, the code for online use is 60MARCH. You can always do order online and pick up in store!

EDIT: Those b******* put all the Ott-lights on sale so you can’t use the coupon! Well, you can always use that code on something else, like a big bag of polyfil or some paint, or varnish or I don’t know.

3 Likes

I sew so I’ll definitely find something there to use the coupon on!! Ty so much!

1 Like

It’s a darn shame you live all the way over in Louisiana, we could get together to paint and sew. :smiley:

1 Like

I know! I would love that!

1 Like

@Katinafleming Is flexible neck on that lamp stays in position ot it adjust on it’s own, like start to move after a while? Not sure if I am forming my question clearly, but hopefully you understand.

1 Like

I understand you. The one I have now moves and I hate it. I don’t notice it moving and overtime my neck is all out of wack trying to follow the light.

1 Like

Did anyone tried this? Just $32.

This is what I have now. I thought it would be great because it even has a plug. But it only takes 40w bulbs. I put a 60w and it exploded. :flushed:

Let me check that out! That may be great in addition to a desk lamp. I think I need both.

I skipped all the comments but want to add… Ottlite burns my eyes like crazy. I have to turn the light away from me. I have used mine about 5 times in 2 years… each time I hated it. (it is the small folding one)
I have a normal floor lamp by my desk with a bendy arm light as well and that hurts my eyes too I have to point it at the wall. Open windows help me the most when rooting.
I also open the window when painting but also have the lamps on (they point at the ceiling, I have no light in my living room ceiling)

2 Likes

What I have now is something like this in the old version and it does NOT stay in place.

1 Like

You can probably rig it up with some wire to make it stay. Wrap wire around both arms and the straight part connecting the two would maybe hold it in place?
Or something like that…

1 Like

What I noticed when I look through the magnifying glass with lamp it distorts the colors. Maybe it just mine. I need a good lamp too, as I paint between 8 pm and 3 am most of the time as I have a day job.

3 Likes