Liam from BB

I’m newish to reborning,I’m also physically disabled therefore everything I do is very different to what you may do things, in turn when I watch a tutorial on YouTube. I then have to figure out how to achieve the same result but having to test every thing until I can get the results I’m looking for. I’m not very good and honestly I’m not sure it’s possible to get better, anyway I’ve been working on a fantasy baby but I’m having trouble with him being very patchy I’m not having much luck with fixing it…I’m not sure if it can be. But I figured I’d ask here and see what you guys think…s
Sorry for the mess🤭

4 Likes

You look like you use air dry so I cant be much help there as I use heat set but I just wanted to say that you will improve, the longer you reborn the better you will get. Obvously everyone has a level they jist cant get better after, especially if they have no art background. But just keep making them, experiment and trying all different methods, styles of painting ect because with experimenting and trying will come your confidence :blush:

1 Like

What paints are you using?

1 Like

I use air dry too and it you dont work quickly, the paint will dry until you have the time to blend it.
Machpherson’s sell a product called open time which allows you more time to get the paint the way you want it before it dries.

He is lovely. We are often our worse critics.

1 Like

What paint are you using? Maybe it’s my screen, but looks like that your creases done with very sparkly powders. The bottom of the feet seems sparkly also.

1 Like

@BeVixL Sorry, Victoria, I just re-read that he is a fantasy baby, so I think you want him to be sparkly.

1 Like

Im also physically disabled which is why I don’t use sponges…they are too hard to hold onto. I use cheap, chinese, makeup brushes from Ebay. Its easier for me to pounce with a brush with a fat handle than holding onto little triangles of sponges. I also use a brushing method sometimes when I put too much paint down. I use a dry brush to move the paint around and make sure that everything is even.
I use satin glazing liquid from Golden and a small amount of retarder and this helps to be able to move my paint around without it drying too quickly on me.

2 Likes

Yes pouncing cosmetic wedges don’t work for me either my husband has modified alot tools for me, my 10 year old has my families artistic Gene so she help with things I can’t do.

1 Like

I use FX air dry paints because I wouldn’t be able to tolerate the chemically fumes. I really want to use GHSP but I don’t think I can

I do use the opetime but I don’t think I’m fast enough even using it…

Air dry dont give you much time to play around before they dry unfortunately. Some brands to have mediums to slow down the drying process though. You could see if FX do and that will give you more time to play around and get it exactly how you want it before it dries.

1 Like

Thank you everyone! All your advice is helpful. I have a lot of experimenting to do!

1 Like

2 Likes

Liam update

2 Likes

Awe love him! My daughter is jealous that she did not have a doll like that when she was that age! Who is that holding him?

1 Like

That’s my 10 year old human daughter Savannah she liked him so much that I said she could have him… she wants a girl twin for him so I stripped the reborn Ryan I made and making her a pink Avatar to be his twin. I’m also working on a Eliza Marks Adelina to gift to an older lady that my husband and I know, her husband passed a few years ago and she’s lonely. She’s was never able to have children so I think it might be a good help for her.

2 Likes

Congratulations on completing him and it nice to see that he is so loved. I like Liam’s cheeky face even if he is not realborn. I just wish BB comes with a better body for their 3/4 18" kits.

Yes,I’m not a fan either my husband said he can try to make bodies but I think it won’t be too easy, I have some very old patterns.
I just received my first reaborn! June 7moth sleeping version! OMG I’m so excited I love chunk babies!!

1 Like

Congrats, you did great ! He’s lovely.

Aww thank you!