Liam Brown - is his colouring good for the hair choice?

Still working on this custom. I don’t do that many because they can be so stressful but the “mom” has bought from me before and knows my style and all she asked for was dark brown hair and brown eyes to match the Saskia I painted for her. I’ve been working on him for 3 days - 8 hours a day.
I’m waiting on the proper sized eyes for him to arrive.

So, does he suit this hair color or does he need “more” before I think about rooting him…after staring at him for so long I’ve lost my own opinion - lol!

19 Likes

Looking great! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Looks great

1 Like

Perfect!

1 Like

Thank you @CarolinaCuties @PhotographyForLife and @Katinafleming - I’ll start painting the ultra fine hairs on his brows and then seal and root him…that is going to take forever.

2 Likes

Yesss!!!

1 Like

He looks awesome!

1 Like

Perfect choice!

1 Like

I like it.

1 Like

He is so handsome!

1 Like

He looks great! She’ll love him.

1 Like

Perfect…start rooting

2 Likes

Looks amazing!

1 Like

Absolutely he looks gorgeous!

1 Like

Thank you everyone. Can someone recommend a heat set varnish mixture for him? I’ve been using Soft Touch for so long but have run out and can’t find it anywhere (Amazon.ca has it for over $30 a container - lol). I need one that isn’t too rough… @katieperry @Katinafleming @Nikkiroc - can you guys help?

1 Like

You can get an 8 oz jar of Americana Soft Touch Varnish from decoart.com for $13.88.

2 Likes

You can use the satin matte mix and just go thin. Add a bit if thinner and massage in parts like you are applying baby lotion. Then take a kabuki and pounce. You will fill a bit of texture but it won’t be rough. :kiss:

1 Like

I’ve been trying to but it won’t let me get past “request shipping quote” to Canada - it just cycles :frowning:

1 Like

Satin always goes shiny for me. I used to add a 50/50 ratio of matte to sating but I think my matte has gone bad. My last baby was sooooo rough. Can I add thinners to the matte to soften it a bit?

1 Like

Yes! I do that I make it like a lotion consistency.

1 Like