Letting your work dry

So weird question but I have a saskia coming and I’m not sure where to place the painted pieces to air dry before curing. Can I just leave them on a towel? (like I’ve seen many artists do before) will it ruin the work? Thanks!

1 Like

What are some other ways I can air dry my limbs for a bigger baby? I thought about a weighted jar with paint brushes or chopstick!

Maybe even a jar with butter knives sticking out, are these good alternatives?

I put my heads on wine bottles

4 Likes

Good idea! Would glass or metal ruin the vinyl? Sorry I’m just so worried lol! @PhotographyForLife

I ordered large cork boards to hang on the wall, in the meantime, hubby took a large cardboard box and stuck metal hangers (one piece) into it, and it works great lol

1 Like

I have one but it’s too small I’ll probably buy a bigger one though

I bought clips similar to these at dollar general and hang these on a pegboard.

I just came across this. Would this work?

3 Likes

This thing is awesome and you can put several babies on it. I saw it online but didnt know it worked until @DollyPardon posted hers.

I also have a really sturdy, baby bottle, dryer that I use and I have a clothes drying rack, and I bought a bunch of metal hooks, that I hang my babies on to cure…I use acrylics (air dry). I think when you see babies laying on a towel they are Genesis babies that came out of the oven to cool.

I have a couple bottle dryers, the ones like this tend to be the best, imo

2 Likes

Not sure how. I did put a sock over one to make it more stable

1 Like

I have a bunch of cheap plastic bottle dryers which work good, but the metal one that @RebornsbyZebra posted has been a great purchase. For one, it holds 3 kits at a time. Two, it holds really small limbs. And three, it holds big limbs without tipping over, which is the problem I had with the plastic ones. That or breaking.

See what big Joseph’s leg did to my plastic drying rack? Lol

4 Likes

Thank you for everyone’s advice!!!

1 Like

Possibly thank you!

I use plaster of Paris in a child’s bucket with wooden dowels in it, very cheap and very sturdy.

4 Likes

I have that one. It holds 3 babies. I also have another one similar that turns which is even better. Both from amazon.

1 Like

Now this is something I need!

When hubby brings me a bottle of wine he tells me he brought me another baby stand

3 Likes