Let's talk receiving blankets

What is your favorite brand. I buy beautiful plushy baby blankets at TJ Maxx and Ross but haven’t found favorite receiving blanket brand.

3 Likes

I get thick, soft baby blankets at Ross. No favorite brand. Receiving blankets I buy at The Dollar Tree.

3 Likes

Vert soft and plush baby blankets at Dollar Tree. These days receiving blankets from Carter and Gerber are thin and not very cuddly.

2 Likes

I use muslin blankets for receiving blankets. My grandmother used to make mine as her hobby, but she had some health issues and can’t anymore :frowning:

1 Like

I buy these parents choice ones from Walmart, they are fairly thick and soft, have really nice prints and are only about $2 each

8 Likes

Those are very cute!

I usually get the flannel ones from Carter’s and Gerber. I love the cute print they usually have.

I usually make my own receiving blankets cause I find the store bought ones NOT very soft and “nappy”. I have receiving blankets from my daughter who is now 54 years old-----there is NO comparison to the receiving blankets of today. My old one’s are so soft and thick, with adorable prints, yep, No comparison!! To bad they don’t make them like that today. So I make my own with double sided flannel. I prefer the solid pastel colors as the prints sometimes ‘clash’ with their clothes. I’m rather picky!! lol

4 Likes

My cotton receiving blanket from 53 years ago was made of a durable flannel cotton and had sleeping kittens on it. Was nothing like what they make today. The good ol’ days.

2 Likes

We didn’t live in a throwaway society then. Things were made to last. And last. And last. For generations.

2 Likes

That is SO true, even people are disposable today. Here today, gone tomorrow.

1 Like

I use to buy up all the micro fiber soft plushy blankets they had on sale at Marshals but I have switched to the large pack of regular flannel. It saves me money and I pass the savings on. I am finding more and more that people have fun stocking up for their babies and everyone has their own personal taste. When the nice muslin wraps go on sale at the end of summer I will pick those up too.

3 Likes

@InfantInspirations i still have mone and my brothers flannel baby blankets!! Mom gave them to me when my first son was born and even tho it was pink plaid…i used it…LOL

My brothers had little rocking horses on it.

I buy blankets when i can find them clearanced or else i buy at dollar general…or outlet store when we travel…

2 Likes

Your Dollar General carries baby blankets? I haven’t seen any at mine.

2 Likes

We have a couple of decent DG’s here, if they can be :slight_smile: Ours has some baby stuff and a few blankets.

1 Like

I love Marshalls, TJ Maxx and Ross! Ross is my favorite for bargain hunts. :upside_down_face: :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Yes…they are usually about $5 or $6

2 Likes