Let's Show our Work, or WIP!

Babies have been bathed. … Now to start the reborning cycle.

18 Likes

Thank you so much. That means a lot to me! I hope that I can ask you questions because you are one of only a few I know who has used air dry and then changed. I have two nightmares about it. One I burn up the baby and in the second I just keep painting but no color ever shows up!

1 Like

@angfay who is the baby in the middle?

That is Bountiful Baby’s Kadence

1 Like

Kadence sure looks different on your pic. Looking forward to seeing her done.

I think she is adorable and so tiny. The details on the two little ones are surprising. Ok…done. lol

Maybe something like this? Amazon.fr

Sorry its French amazon but its where I have to order from. I went ahead and bought some. I have some like it but when I zoomed in I can see that there are only tiny, pin prick, holes where as the ones I have, have larger holes so Ill try these out and see if they make little pores :slight_smile:

They look interesting, but do say watercolor, so not sure if they would be OK with solvents.
Anyway, here they seem to be lot cheaper:
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/253215635234

2 Likes

Raine is starting to get done hair

21 Likes

Love him! What kind of needles do use to root?

Well, if they don’t work, Ill just let my kids have them :wink:
Ill be using Golden satin liquid and soft touch varnish so hopefully it will work out ok :slight_smile:

1 Like

42g forked. He has human hair. I still have to finish rooting the back.

2 Likes

Thank you! Please let me know if those work for you. I did see something like that, but it looked pretty smooth. Maybe the trick is a very light touch otherwise I think I would pounce out the texture and end up smooth.

1 Like

The ones I have here at home, with the larger holes, are very soft so if they are like that there may be trouble getting little pores to show but Ill give it a go. I have been waiting for my Golden Glazing liquid (I usually just use my liquitex matte gel) to mix with my soft touch sealer. It should arrive the same time as the sponges and I can try them both out on my Claire kit and Ill put up some pics if it works out, either way Ill let you know :slight_smile:

25 Likes

I hope it works!

1 Like

This is my second reborn ive ever worked on. 1 creasing layer, 4 mottling layers and 2 complexion layers so far.

Her nose is not drilled.

Not sure if i will stop here, or add one more complexion layer.

12 Likes

I bought this Ashton Drake several years ago when she was released (top stock picture). She is So Truly Real Pretty in Pink. I had been noticing that she had no color left in her arms and legs and no detail to her face. I took her apart and repainted her. The hair rooting by “Ashton Drake” was terrible. I have been rooting for a while each day. This head is so hard you could bowl with it. I still have the back to go but all my needles are broken (even with heating the head). Anyway, the bottom picture is my new little boy (eventually to have hair on the back of his head).

16 Likes

Mer-baby! Day one!

15 Likes

That is a nice green!

1 Like