Let's Show our Work, or WIP!

He’s looking good!!!

1 Like

Someone also gave me a tip once about rooting. Cut the end off of a sandwich bag and put the hair inside the bag sticking the rooting end through the hole , then roll it tight and tape around it. It saves so much of the struggle and the hair roots so much nicer

25 Likes

i will definitely try this!

2 Likes

I tried this on my last 2 babies and it works wonderfully. You can actually root till the last bit of hair in the bag. When you run out, just fill it with a bit of hair again. You can also use a rubber band.

8 Likes

I use the rubber band too

2 Likes

You sure do a great job with these babies, especially the hair painting.

2 Likes

I think Brooklyn is ready for final details and hair. :heart:

18 Likes

Great idea, thanks for sharing, Im going to try this as well.

1 Like

Very first pictures of Angel…I kindda like her now :blush:

13 Likes

Oh how I would love to leave for a few weeks to see my family <3 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh TY!! for posting this!! I have 5 thumbs with rooting. I only root eyelashes but it’s still a struggle.

1 Like

She’s beautiful…love her skin tones!! I have Brooklyn…hope to get to her soon.

1 Like

Working on Tobiah, another kit that looks like my grandson, Achilles. Well, one thing you can’t see very well in pictures is that Achilles has 2 different colored eyes. One is hazel, the other is brown. So…I put chuck hazel eyes in Tobiah. I’ll be darn. No matter what angle, or which lighting…one looks hazel, the other looks brown. They are the opposite of Achilles…like a mirror image eye twin. But the doll eyes look just like Achilles’ real eyes. :flushed:

26 Likes

19 Likes

More Christmas babies…

21 Likes

I wish you could too, I live by my family, I cannot imagine living where I couldn’t see them regularly. We just go away to get some alone time together when he is off work each winter. Always lands during our anniversary January 22, so doubles for our anniversary. We are celebrating 30 years this year!

4 Likes

Me too Taunya!! Thankful for Facetime! :slight_smile: That’s so great that your Anniversary lands around that time!! Happy Anniversary a bit early!! What a special one too!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

how very beautiful <3

1 Like

Wow @pipgirl_el you are on a roll!

last ready made toddler for Christmas (sold, just sharing)
Madeline by Jannie de Lange (on Bonnie Murray legs and body)

19 Likes