Let's Show our Work, or WIP!

Thank you :blush:

He’s very sweet!

Playing around with Laila. I just luv her face. I haven’t decided what all I want to do with her.

21 Likes

She’s adorable!

2 Likes

13 Likes

Wow, that’s some long hair!

1 Like

I’ll make you laugh. When Nadia as born, she had a few strands of random long hairs to her shoulder!!! I cut them jokes day 1. I said they don’t count.

2 Likes

I so wish I could get the hang of rooting!!! Everyone on here does it so beautiful but I find it so difficult to do!

3 Likes

Same! I’m about to start trying again though, fingers crossed…

1 Like

Ashley still needs brows, lashes, and hair, but I just got some new lights so that I could take more accurate pictures.

19 Likes

How did you get that beautiful complexion? So pretty!

1 Like

Thanks! I did primary color washes. (I think 3 rounds) And then I finished with several burnt umber washes. I used Golden fluid acrylics and really liked painting with them.

4 Likes

How do you keep your kit from turning orange? My Ana awake turned yellowish orange!

1 Like

Blue washes should counteract the orangy tones.

With the primary colors? I did have to strip Ashley the first time, but I was using different paints, too. I realized my colors were not thin enough when her coloring got really intense. Also, I just trusted the process and that it would turn out all right. In the middle of the washes, she would look purple, green, or orange. I started and ended with yellow, and I think I skipped a blue wash one time because she was too green. Does that help? I definitely second-guessed myself many times in the middle of the washes, but I made myself finish the 3 colors before assessing what needed to be changed-after I had made the paints thinner. (The first time when I had to strip her, I just kept going with the washes, but it didn’t help because the coloring got too dark too quick since the paints were not thin enough.)

1 Like

This makes a lot of sense and is a big help! I gave up on the primary method but learned that my paint was too thick. I’m really excited and will post pics once I start a new baby.

1 Like

I was doing the primary method on a kit. Someone in a fib group told me to try blue n red washes. I will do that once I finish with the kits I’m working on.

1 Like

My latest little one.

24 Likes

Beautiful!

1 Like

what a cutie pie!