Let's Show our Work, or WIP!

Also rooting from the middle

2 Likes

Cause when you root from the middle one of the hairs are going the wrong way unless you use Cassie Braceā€™s method

2 Likes

I root from the middle, what is Cassie Braceā€™s method?

2 Likes

What hair are you using? I bit the bullet and brought Delta Dawn, itā€™s a good quality mohair although itā€™s very fine and it took me a minute to get use to it. I mono root, meaning I root one hair to a hole sometimes 2 or 3. As I root I keep the end of the hair Iā€™m rooting trimmed. I gently brush the hair being careful not to pull it out because it can become tangled as you rootā€¦ Are you rooting from the cut end of the hair? That could be a problem too. I am far from an expert still learning myself, I hope it helped. Feel free to ask other questions hopefully I can help.

1 Like

Punkin all done.

22 Likes

Iā€™m not sure exactly how she does it but I know she roots from (Or used to) from the middle. The way she holds the end of the hair, one end of it snaps off and thereā€™s still only one hair per folicle.

1 Like

I used Slumberland kid mohair for the first time on my Ramseyā€¦its quite frizzy as well. I have a wool wash with lanolin that I use. I only spray the toothbrush and then apply to hair to prevent my babies from getting any on the face and making them shinyā€¦it works really wellā€¦its called Eucalan wool wash and I used to use it on my kids wool diaper covers when they were babies. You donā€™t have to rinse it, I put a bit in a spray bottle and fill the rest with distilled water. I also use leave in conditioner mixed with distilled water, both work pretty well but if you brush the hair once its dry it will go back to being frizzy. I was wanting to try the Yearling because I bought that as well but now Im worried that Ill have problems with that as well. I think I need to stop trying mohair and just stick with what I already likeā€¦HP Babylocks and the mohair from the lady at the German Heavenly Illusions online shop.

Darren had his skin tone painted today. Iā€™m hoping the 3rd time is the charm and I donā€™t have to strip him again.

16 Likes

Heā€™s looking good. Please post pictures before stripping kits. These ladies on here are so talented. They can probably give you good advise that will keep you from having to strip a kit most of the time. :wink:

3 Likes

Those eyebrows are amazing. Any tips on how to do them? Such a cutie!

Thanks for the advice. The first time color correcting would have made his skin tone too dark and the second time I went too heavy on the shading. :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

Thanks! The trick is lots of luck! I wiped them off a dozen times before I was ok with them. I used genesis in brown brow with a small liner brush. I barely put any pressure on the brush so only the very tip of the bristles touch the vinyl, otherwise my lines were too thick. I hold the head right side up to do the left side and upside down to do the right sideā€¦it works better for me that way. I kind of do what the pictures in this tutorial showā€¦ tip toe workshop: Eyebrows? Easy!

5 Likes

I never thought of turning the head upside downā€¦I might try that

2 Likes

Thank you! Iā€™m starting eyebrows soon.

Donā€™t move your hand, move the head to match your hands direction.

1 Like

Any tips to help with painting brows I am always open to that for sure!

1 Like

Same. I need help with lips and creases!

2 Likes

Working on Leviā€™s photoshoot!

31 Likes

Thatā€™s itā€¦Iā€™ve just GOT to get a Levi! Heā€™s so sweet!

3 Likes

Iā€™ve just got to get him too. So many ā€œgot to haveā€ kits and not enough time to paint them all. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes