Let's Show our Work, or WIP!

Thank you very much! The skin tone begins with a mix of unbleached titanium (close to flesh 08 but a bit more yellow) and a little pale purple added (probably matches Genesis dioxazine purple 07). If you live in Europe, this mix looks like the Max Factor Lasting Performance make-up in Fair 100. Then I use a lot of warm pinks. I do a few thin burnt umber washes early, but very thin so the skin tone does not get too warm or dark. I also love periwinkle for a mottle- in fact it is usually my first mottle. I think this helps give a very realistic pale skin tone. I hope this makes sense- I am not always good at explaining.

8 Likes

Adorable face

1 Like

It makes perfect sense! Thank you for sharing:)

1 Like

His hair is gorgeous! And I love his skin tone!

1 Like

finished Landon recently!

36 Likes

So sweet! Great job!

1 Like

Does this body look too big for Jonas? I have a different body ordered, but I’m just anxious to have him finished :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Hes gorgeous

1 Like

I prefer the gathered chest/butt bodies (realborn ones)

Yeah, I think the length is good, but it just looks bulky. I may just stitch it up a bit…

2 Likes

Any suggestions for what to do with his eyes? I used oval glass eyes, and there’s a big gap between the eyes and the vinyl.

5 Likes

June getting some skin layers :slight_smile:

10 Likes

You can try positioning and gluing. You may have to cut his eye flaps glue then moleskin over the top.

Cut the flaps a lil more. BUT DO NOT CUT THEM OFF. Lesson I learned.

2 Likes

Oval half round?

I would shove a chunk of cosmetic wedge behind it before gluing the flap shut

4 Likes

Ok, I’ll try that. It’s difficult trying to get at the eyes. His head is not the softest, either.

1 Like

I HATE inserting eyes

3 Likes

June says, “yay, getting ready for mottle!”

11 Likes

Here’s my little Joseph Awake! He is such a sweet kit to work on! I’m thinking dark brown hair and eyes, but I’m not set on anything yet. Still a ways to go…

29 Likes

LOVE his hair!! Amazing job!