Let's Show our Work, or WIP!

Liam came in the mail today, and now I can see that the work I’ve been doing on Owen is actually making a difference!

24 Likes

Your Owen looks awesome! Love his skin tone! Do you use the primary method?

1 Like

No. I use the baby skin. I started with a blue wash, It works great for lighter sking babies. James had a orange tone so I gave him 2 washes

3 Likes

I just finished Gena and Elsie

24 Likes

28 Likes

I hope you’re talking to me because if not I’m about to sound really stuck up for assuming haha.
Thank you!!
This poor baby has been through just about every method! I started with a few layers of flesh ( since I use air dry I made a peachy/umber mix ), and then veining, followed by purple/blue/pink mottling, and a few more flesh layers. After that was a burnt umber wash, but by that point I wasn’t happy with the results so I think I started the primary method? Light washes of red, yellow and blue.
I’m happier with the way he’s headed now even though I wanted a pale look, but I’m so nervous about messing him up and having to strip the kit ( again ) that I’m scared to continue!

4 Likes

Yes, I was referring to you :slight_smile:
He looks gorgeous!

3 Likes

Thank you so, so much. That honestly means the world to me. I know he’s my first and maybe I should give myself a little room to mess up but I’d certainly like to avoid any major mistakes!

3 Likes

Levi as a girl what do you think!?

31 Likes

That is so cute @specialmoments

1 Like

2nd doll… Boy or girl?

13 Likes

He’s beautiful!

Great job on her!!

Added lashes and lighter eyes😍

23 Likes

Yes, you can bake with the eyes in.

Be careful baking acrylic eyes they definitely can blister/bubble on you and ruin them. They are suppose to be safe to 275 degrees (I think) but it can be really risky.

Good to know. I don’t think I will be baking the head again. I have glued the eyes, so …
Waiting for the glue to dry on the 8nside or head. Hopefully tomorrow I can get him put together

https://www.mercari.com/u/657261171/

14 Likes

I see boy, as he looks like one of my nephews, but could be either and look great!

1 Like

I have put eyes in right away through the entire painting process for 10+ years and have never ruined an eye.