Let's Show our Work, or WIP!

So, I rooted for about 7 hours straight today, forgot to eat anything during that time and my back hurts from sitting bend over but I finally finished two heads that I’ve been putting off for a long time.
Only got one rooting needle left and it’s horribly bent.

22 Likes

My last needle that bent lasted 2 heads… I threw it out knowing it would break soon… next new needle broke within 10 mins. I was sooo mad. lol

3 Likes

I just noticed you use a Donut pillow! :wink:

I broke like 5 needles today. This one probably won’t last long, haha.
Yep, I ordered the pillow from China because I thought it looked fun. Then when it arrived I realized it was perfect for rooting! :wink:

4 Likes

It might work.

1 Like

So here is my contribution for the day I plan to take more pics later but I wanted to see how she would look all dressed she has a real sassy face :smile:

20 Likes

Thank you ! she was some fun to root lol this is Inara by the same artist as Gabriella she is most often seen as an AA .

1 Like

Thanks ! I am pretty happy with her plan on playing more with her tomorrow she pretty well wore me out today :wink:

Sorry no I have no idea but a lot lol .

Very cute, her shoes are 5 or 6 depending on the style.

1 Like

I can’t root for 7 hours and be done. I root more like 7 hours for 7 days to be finished. Me and that kid mohair! Yours looks good

1 Like

I’m working on Taite between work and classes, lots to go on this little guy yet!

23 Likes

Bailey in progress. I am stuck now. Need idea to how finish her.

Bad lighting…

16 Likes

I’m trying to find good lighting. My babies keep getting wash off on pictures. I’ll have to move around the house tomorrow. I can’t wait for spring sun. This is with and without flash. Her color is in between in real life :neutral_face:

26 Likes

I LOVE this little lamb! I aspire to your level of hair painting-not there yet. Not even close.

That’s too sweet. Thanks!:hugs: I found that it’s all about the paint consistency. I use short brushes. I tried the recommended thin long brushes, but that didn’t work for me. I cut short brushes in an angle.

2 Likes

I’m going to try that because that hair is amazing!

1 Like

Well it’s safe to say that my poor Olive is a boo boo baby. She is either too orange or green. Used genesis paints. Her hair is much more brown in person thankfully and for my first time painting hair I’m kind of happy with it but not the colors it has turned out to be. She’s a keeper :slight_smile:

I should have left her bald.

14 Likes

Oh she is lovely!!!

2 Likes

Naw, she looks pretty good for a first attempt. My first attempt looked like a hat. Yours looks like hair. I have a Juan leg (huge) I’ve been practicing on. Then I strip and reuse it.
She’s cute. Will you give her eyelashes?

1 Like