Let's Show our Work, or WIP!

This is my first try at reborning. Details need to be done but for the most part I’m about 2/3 way through her painting. This is wip Olive.

19 Likes

No way…He looks amazing! Great job! <3

here is my line of baby heads…It is time to Combo hair them. :rofl:

15 Likes

Adorable! Who is the first one…I see Everly and Ella!! <3

A BB Juliet I got as a bald baby in a swap, I am rooting her very slowly… :smiley_cat:

1 Like

She is lol. Very big. 14.6lbs

4 Likes

She’s adorable too!! I can’t wait to get Ella and Megan :slight_smile:

1 Like

WOW!! now that deserves applause I know you cant hear it but I just gave you a round of it lol.

2 Likes

Thank you! I wish I had someone filming my son and me struggling to get her body out of the glove mold. It was hilarious!

5 Likes

Now that would have been fun maybe next time? lol

1 Like

Definitely next time, I’ll make sure I have another person here to film it.

4 Likes

What exactly is a glove mold?

Two better pictures, just trying to scare my neighbors :joy:

28 Likes

Once you have a sculpt, and it is baked, you add layers of silicone over it making sure to get into all the nooks and crannies, after multiple layers you let it dry (that is the glove mold).
Then you make the mother mold of a harder material such as plaster that will support the glove mold once the clay sculpt is removed.
Once that is dry you have to open it back up, remove it from the glove mold (silicone layers), then get your sculpt out of the glove mold. remove all the pieces of clay and wash the glove mold. Apply release agent inside. Then put it back into the mother mold and fasten it closed tightly.
Then you pour your silicone into the spout of the mother mold and glove mold. Once that has set you then remove your mother mold, then remove your now silicone baby/sculpt from your glove mold kinda like peeling it off (sometimes) Then you have your silicone project (blank) ready to be washed and prepped for painting. Which is more silicone and pigments normally.
Youtube has some cool videos of the process.

Here is a google image to kinda understand what the glove mold is. But once for silicone babies are mush more intensive. :wink:

10 Likes

Thanks, Jenni.

1 Like

Love it!! Maybe they will leave you random dolls to fix. Haha

1 Like

LOL I love it!! May I ask how you got the pink blushing? I’m needing more pink for my doll and the only red I have is the lip color ty :slight_smile:

Finished little Thomas. He’s so cuddly! (Just waiting for the moist areas to dry, so pardon the wet mod podge on his eye crease and lips)

31 Likes

Lololol

She look awesome great job!!!

1 Like