Let's Show our Work, or WIP!

Working on painted hair.

28 Likes

I am trying a few new techniques and paint colors. I want a fair baby with more pink and purple than I usually have. I tend to warm them up and lose some of that. I have a long way to go, but if it turns out this one will be a cuddle baby as I don’t have limbs. Here is Avery so far.

27 Likes

Looks great!

2 Likes

Thank you !

1 Like

More crochet fun think the hat needs to be a little smaller looks like the fox is eating the boy :smile:

25 Likes

Finished my Zion (mix kit)
But can’t weigh him yet due to my batteries being dead. lol

23 Likes

Yay, so cute, makes me want to paint mine!

1 Like

beautiful baby. Love the color

1 Like

Thanks ! I try to have a sense of humor it helps :smile:

2 Likes

:slight_smile: I’m still trying to learn the camera & angles lol. The first picture is much clearer the second. I probably did have the light too close. I moved him in the second picture taking him off the bear which is actually a HUGE chair. I DO also use two lights. I use a huge studio light with daytime light bulb & a “diffuser” screen over the light. The second light is a studio light as well but much much much smaller but it did come with diffuser as a umbrella but I don’t use it.

2 Likes

Here’s my AA bub almost done finally! What color should I use to blush? And what to do with these lips?? Hmmmm

18 Likes

lol I just have to figure out how to use that equipment better. My camera does weird stuff when the light “too much” & when I use auto focus. IDK what I am doing. lol I need Photography101 I probably should get a tripod stand one that moves the camera if you know what I mean. My lights use the ones I have.

2 Likes

Looking good so far. If I could offer one tip, it’s easier if you actually don’t paint the lips & palms of the hands & feet with the flesh & just focus on those areas at the very end. The palms are typically quite a bit lighter compared to the rest of skin so it’s easier to just do just a few layers on them after you are done with the other areas.

3 Likes

Thank you! I appreciate your help! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Jenny, gorgeous colors, and I love her lips.

1 Like

Raine #2 wip

31 Likes

Thank you so much! I hope I do not cover up the purple with warmth. I am thinking maybe something besides burnt umber or strategically placed. Also trying to decide if I want to shade to make the distance between her eyes not seem as far. Decision, decisions!

1 Like

There are Joey and Kadence (not finish yet)

My daughter want Kadence for her 4th birthday.

24 Likes

Beautiful! That hair is amazing!

Your little Kadence is just precious :purple_heart:

1 Like