Let's Show our Work, or WIP!

If you don’t want to cut so much mohair off next time, you can cut the locks in half or thirds before you start rooting. He looks cute with his new haircut!

2 Likes

I will certainly do that next time, but this one I was not sure about my abilities to cut… so, much is better then less !

1 Like

I’d dress her as a boy and a girl and then decide. She could easily be either.

2 Likes

@Leabelle can be boy or girl!

1 Like

Not quite finished yet, still waiting for the glue in her head to dry, but I couldn’t resist posing her to see what she’ll look like!

19 Likes

Someone had a trip to target today. It’s been rainy here, hope to get pictures soon.

17 Likes

Beautiful coloring, shading and reborning!

1 Like

[quote=“pia, post:2427, topic:53434, full:true”]
I am UGH - re-rooting Freya Kewy that was purchased when I had babies selling through The Doll House. She was a gift for an 11 year old that just loved the hair right off of her head! Now that she is 15, her parents helped her to buy a custom Serenity Eagles (as a boy) and asked if I could improve Freya for her… So, I told them I would re-root the bald spots for $100.00. UGH! Anyway, here is the project and a picture of her new baby boy. Of course they are in the wrong order and SIDEWAYS!

Finished re-rooting (took about 8 hours) and Freya is ready to be home by Christmas!

32 Likes

One of my two Gracie customs,. Still need to blush palms and soles, details, and then some hair :heart_eyes:.

18 Likes

They will be thrilled with that baby’s hair- beautiful. And I love your Serenity💕

1 Like

Shipping off Madison and Ana tomorrow as well as my newest sale, Trace.
Felix is on his way to Bermuda.

18 Likes

Journey! Still not put together but hair is finally dry so I couldn’t resist. Also someone had a gender change

22 Likes

On Denise video she says nothing about washing . Should I wash before I start painting ?

gorgeous :heart_eyes:

1 Like

he is perfection … I love his bald look .

2 Likes

what a sweetheart

He looks so soft! Love the coloring!

1 Like

I always wash my kits with hot, soapy water. I actually let them soak in the super hot water and then scrub them down with a baby wash cloth. Some people even use a soft brush. This gets the oils and any dirt off the kits before you start to paint. I have heard of people having problems with spots showing up or oils making the paint hard to stick if they aren’t washed. I let them air dry for 24 hours before beginning to paint. I don’t know if I need to do that part since I use air dry paint but it has worked well for me so far.

I wash mine in hot water and blue dawn dish soap and scrubbed with a tooth brush.

I dont soak my kit though unless it has a smell to it.

2 Likes

I also wash kits before painting. I don’t soak however. I just wash the outside of the kit using dish washing liquid. Let dry and wipe off with rubbing alcohol which I noticed makes a huge difference with how the paint adheres to the vinyl.

1 Like