Let's Show our Work, or WIP!

Rooting Ms Chanel :hugs:

27 Likes

@anon81835189 Awww thank you I hate my work this doll again is a boo boo because I painted my first hair which is bad and white lol . Itā€™s been 12 months since starting reborning but because of my 2 year old itā€™s every 3 months to paint 1 baby lol ā€¦
Iā€™m thinking of switching to Genesis to see the difference in the end result .

4 Likes

I must be lazy @anon81835189 because the idea of painting at 3am is a no go lolā€¦ Netflix yep but getting up and going for the paint makes me flop back down in bed haha it doesnā€™t help I that I donā€™t have separate room away from the kids itā€™s a battle to get anything done ā€¦ But like you said 3am mmm now I must start thinking about that as a solution x

2 Likes

I finished, listed and sold Owen Francis all in 24 hours. :wink:
Also sold another one right after that so I was boxing those 2 up today. They are now at the post office awaiting their journeys.

28 Likes

awesome. Congratulations on your sales!

2 Likes

Congratulations! Jenni, where do you get your boxes? The ones I bought are $15 each. Iā€™m almost out of them. Really nice doll boxes but kind of pricey.

1 Like

Congrats, thatā€™s awesome !!!

1 Like

I bought a box of 25 I think from Staples for around $50
They are normal boxes just rectangles. Not the flap lid like the one you sent me was in.

Congrats!!! :tada:

2 Likes

Thanks everyone!

1 Like

Amazing hair!

2 Likes

Those are some amazing babies you have there , I especially like the first one :smile: congrats on your hard work and good fortune .

1 Like

Thank you! @InfantInspirations. That pic was snapped after about 30 minutes or so of work, so Iā€™m definitely getting faster. Hoping to do another layer, highlights, then call it done.

Congratulations! @jlesser

3 Likes

LuLu

16 Likes

Precious Gift

16 Likes

That is amazing painted hair- I would buy your tutorial! I paint with air dry (mostly) but I cannot get my hair to look like that!

2 Likes

Me. Tutorial. :joy: Thatā€™s hilarious, @jennyk. But thank you for the sweet complimentā€¦ There are a ton of amazing hair painters out there, some of the best have tutorialsā€¦ @specialmoments inspired me a lot, hope to get half as good as her someday. If you search it, you may be able to find the mini hair tutorial that she did here a while back. I kind of do something similar, but do all of it with air dry paint, mostly using a rake, then a little bit with a liner.

4 Likes

I started to blend my veins so they dont appear like thin lines, i find it easier lol

1 Like

I like the effect but i try to keep the colour light and not dark, a very fine brush and smudged a little . I have tried prisma and powders and that is another option for you. Its trial and error but you will get there. Every doll you will get that Eureka moment lol xx.

1 Like

Your doing wonderfully looking at the photos .

1 Like