Let’s Show our Work, or WIP! Part 2

Beautiful!

I’m finally picking up my paintbrushes again after a long break. Working on little Karlos by Ulrike Gall. I go back and forth between thinking he’s a cute kit and thinking he’s just odd looking.

14 Likes

Keep a tweezers handy and every inch or two, pluck out the pluggy hair.

Laurie

2 Likes

He is adorable!

1 Like

I find him just adorable!

1 Like

First bath. I’m making a set of Twins from the Twin A sculpt. One will be mine and one is for my sister. We will be bringing them with us to ROSE. I’m nervous about painting my first real kits, but excited to finally commit. And SO excited to go to ROSE!

18 Likes

I’m sure they’ll be great! And what a nice idea to do one for you and your sister

1 Like

What don’t you like. They are adorable!

Chase is such a lovely sculpt to work with, I’m now rooting him with a little spiky style :grin:

26 Likes

Yours is so lovely! Did you have trouble rooting at all? Mine had weird thick parts that were hard as rock and wouldn’t take hair easily. Mostly in the front along the hairline. She came out good in the end but it wasn’t fun rooting her

17 Likes

My Ellie Sue was that way

Weird! I rooted Tink just before and he wasn’t like that.

1 Like

My Tink and Levi were fine.

That’s really odd! I wonder why it happens on some kits but not all of them

Such a sweet babe!

1 Like

I just did David Kewy like that…no fun!

It really sucks! I love rooting but this was not fun at all. I wanted to do another Chase but not now :rofl:

1 Like

Wow yours is beautiful, yes I’ve hit a few tough/thick spots along his hairline, I thought my needle had become blunt today and changed it :rofl: so glad it’s not just me. On a whole though he’s not been to difficult so far. Then again the last one I finished rooting was Raven by Ping Lau, so anything seems a breeze after that hard head :joy:

2 Likes

Okay thank you so much! I will go plucking later. :+1:t4:

I thought I was looking at a real live baby wow! Beautiful baby

1 Like