Let’s Show our Work, or WIP! Part 2

11 Likes

10 Likes

Yeah it was something I wasn’t super interested in, but it came with the kit, so I figured why not. The main challenge was creating nipples where there was no hint of them or exactly where they should be, but I was pleasantly surprised with how that part turned out.

3 Likes

@Alypants I was actually admitting how you painted his nipples.

2 Likes

@YelenaRey Thanks! All I did was paint faint circles where they should be with one of my first blushes, then I took a small soft round brush with a little point to it and made the dot directly in the center and with the same color just made dots all the way around the outside of the circle. I blushed over this once and had a lavender wash on top as well on the finished torso.

4 Likes

I had to scroll up to find the nipples, lol! They look awesome, very realistic! :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Thank you. I’ve thought about offering a hair painting service, but nipples would be easier :yum:

2 Likes

He looks great…maybe you should try to root eyelashes, its really easy on a closed eye baby and far easier than trying to glue applied lashes on them.

@pipgirl_el Wow…what a bunch of gorgeous limbs…wish I was going to Florida earlier but my trip is in October to see my daughters…my disease prevents me from enjoying the heat of the summer :wink:

3 Likes

Progress on Sera. I was sure this little one was going to be a girl until I started on the hair, then he decided he was a boy instead (I’ll be naming him Kian.) This is my first try at properly drawing on hair (using Derwent Inktense pencils) it’s not the prettiest or in any way realistic looking but I don’t think it’s turning out too badly.

11 Likes

WIP of this sweet baby girl. Meet me at booth #228. IDTS doll show in Orlando. June 21 and 22.

24 Likes

Working on this pretty little lady. She’s getting blue Lauscha glass eyes and blonde human hair. But these eyes are good fillers for babies waiting on their own eyes :wink:

19 Likes

Who is she?? Gorgeous! I loved all your limbs too in the previous pics. I am working on an ethnic Jaylan and having a heck of a time keeping the hands and feet from turning brown too

@Katinafleming Who is she?

So pretty!

She is Skya. You just have to take your time and be careful when you get around the hands, feets, and mouths so you wont get brown on them. If you do, use your thinner to remove it BEFORE you bake it.

2 Likes

Gabriela by Regina Swialkowski. She’s always in the bargain section at MacPherson. She’s been in my stash forever. :wink:

3 Likes

Nervous to cut her/his hair

16 Likes

I love the freaky WIP pics :slight_smile: I’m sure you’ll do great with the hair, your babies always turn out awesome!

1 Like

Painting hair on Franklin…not doing so good.

12 Likes

I love his face:)