Let’s Show our Work, or WIP! Part 2

Have you tried mint wash to tone down the red?

1 Like

I haven’t done that color wash yet, but I’ve done so much to her limbs, that I’m afraid her limbs and head won’t match soon. After a year this shouldn’t happen she really didn’t give me any issues until I brought them on myself.

Some babies have high color! I like her a lot! I feel the same way… I refuse to strip a kit. Never have, never will.

2 Likes

Oh wow! You honor me.:flushed: Um…I can try. What I usually do is draw the hair on in chalk, then begin rooting directionally two to three finger widths back from where I want the hair to end. I will try to put something better together soon with pictures or maybe a video if my hubby will help me shoot it :blush:

3 Likes

Skya, possibly a keeper. I never keep any of the reborns I make, but I like her kit way more than I thought I would.

9 Likes

@Vanniek I love her! Some of us prefer high color babies. like @allhisgrace does. I tried but the baby didn’t come out like hers, lol! I was going to throw her in the trash but my daughter begged me not to. So I made her like she wanted. She loves her! She became a Unicorn Fantasy Baby! Her skin is glittery but you can’t tell with my horrible photo skills.

14 Likes

That would be very helpful and I appreciate it!!

Thank you!! One thing I have a ton of is glitter with soapmaking lol!

1 Like

I gave some of your soap to my grandson and he said Grandma it has glitter on it, lol! He took it anyway.

2 Likes

I don’t think she looks too bad at all! I wouldnt strip her

2 Likes

so sweet and peaceful :slight_smile:

2 Likes

He is absolutely gorgeous!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Lol it washes right off. Smart grandson you have :slight_smile: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Breathtaking!

Ty. I won’t strip her. I’d rather sell the ones I mess up as boo boo babies. That will help others with their budget. :blush:

3 Likes

I refuse to strip too, @Vanniek. The last time I did this, I corrected it with a layer of flesh with a dot of green, then I took some of that blush color, thinned out of course, on a round brush and did a random mottle in the light areas. The flesh layer toned it down a notch while the random mottle brightened up the light areas. Overall there was less of a contrast and my blush didn’t seem as stark.

3 Likes

Finished this custom Tobiah!!

40 Likes

Gorgeous!!

She is so adorable!

TY! I’m trying this now.

1 Like