Let’s Show our Work, or WIP! Part 2

He looks good.

1 Like

Thanks. :0)

@YelenaRey Awe you are so extremely kind! A fellow reborner wanting to own one of your babies is like the ultimate compliment :heart:️. I worry “I” won’t be able to live up to those expectations lol!

1 Like

Awesome!

1 Like

Her eyes look great! Babies are often a lil cross eyed

That’s adorable!

1 Like

True…but I love the fact that it keeps me busy. Still, I have too many baby kits as it is and need to try and buy minimally and whittle down the bins of kits I have :wink:

1 Like

Very cool!

@PutABonnetOnIt Trust me, you will succeed my expectations! I try to do box opening experience pretty (‘special’ will be too strong word for it). For my first send out box I watched a video done by one of the forum member artist and I liked it a lot - simple, but pretty, so I incorporated that. I wrap everything in a tissue paper - colors depends on the gender, and then wrap each packet with blue or pink chiffon ribbons that have baby’s feet on it. For a baby wrap in the blanket I used wide chiffon ribbons. I do a care instruction in a scrapbooking type of way with baby picture and info in front. I include thank you card. But I don’t have any other embellishments, hearts or flowers. And also feel that I’ll do more than what I am doing my $200 range babies will be totally in negative balance for me :wink:

Outside and inside (depends on boy or girl) Since this one is going to a child, I picked page with more ‘child appealing’ design.

BTW @MilosMeadows Vika, you promised to upload your box presentation :wink:

I personally would love to see/ know how everyone do their ‘going home’ presentation.

10 Likes

I don’t like big joes limbs or how he seems to stare blankly

1 Like

Me too! Start a new topic :slight_smile:

I already did, under one of @PutABonnetOnIt topics about it. I’m rooting but I can find it for you later if you can’t find it. It’s just a little keepsake that I send with special babies, not a whole box opening.
My general box opening for a newborn is hospital hat,bracelet and blanket. Everything is wrapped with tissue,ribbon and bows. A folder of care instructions,how the doll was made, fake formula recipe (I send an empty bottle so I don’t have to worry about spills) and a birth certificate and also a COA if the kit has one. Nothing really special lol When I sell locally I wrap everything the same way but I put it into a baby shower gift bag.

@Mommarobin I’m doing sleeping Joe, but I don’t like the awake one for that reason. He’s got such a blank, lifeless expression. And the limbs are not great, IMO. He has no wrists or ankles :rofl: the real baby is delightfully chubby and cute, but it didn’t translate well to the vinyl. Lots of people love him though. I have a custom for him which is the only reason I got him at all.

1 Like

Yep…that’s the only reason I got him. I’m sure he will sell. He’s well liked by most

1 Like

Sorry I missed it, but I think I know the thread that you are talking about. It’s where @PutABonnetOnIt Taunya found pretty pop-up flower guirland (or whatever is correct spelling for it) Walmart, correct?

I think, but I’m not entirely sure. I really can’t remember lol

1 Like

That looks amazing!

1 Like

@YelenaRey Your print outs are much prettier than mine! You just jumped my Plank lol! I charged 500 +shipping for Johanna, when I sell my babies in the $200. Range I do tissue paper and ribbon too. I agree there is not enough wiggle room for extras!

1 Like

My care instructions are very similar (as you know :wink: ) but I have them printed from walmart photo center on photo paper. That way it can not wrinkle as easy.
I do see you have a few errors in spelling and I will PM you.

3 Likes

Thank you

@PaperCityDolls I love your style! That baby is awesome!!! @Phassell Pretty kitty! @PutABonnetOnIt In love, can’t wait to see more!!!

2 Likes