Let’s Show our Work, or WIP! Part 2

I can’t wait to see what you guys choose! I know it’ll be awesome no matter what.
I have no clue who I’m gonna paint next. Big Joe broke my drying rack so I need a new one, and some other supplies.

1 Like

Oh no I hear he is quite the chunker, they were not exaggerating! This made my entire weekend brighter this is what Johanna’s mommy posted on Facebook

13 Likes

He’s huge! I don’t know how I’m going to photograph him because he’s too big for all my props. Selling one of my premade babies would be super helpful right now. I have to borrow money from my mom to get more stuffing for big Joe. I used most of a 16 oz bag of polyfil on him and I still need more.
Aww, that’s really sweet! She’s so loved in her new home!

1 Like

I didn’t think about him using that much fill, you are right that add to the cost for sure!

It’s nuts! I used some of the bag on Smilla but she’s super little so I didn’t use much. He’s really huge and sucks to root that big head. I need to root a bit faster cause he’s going home around the 26th. That’s definitely enough time but it means I can’t be lazy :rofl: Never again! Even for a custom order! I’d prefer June, cause at least she’s cute lol I don’t mind big joe’s face but I hate his sausage limbs.

1 Like

You are so funny. Yep it does stink when you have to paint a kit you just don’t care for. Lack inspiration during the process.

That’s why I usually don’t. Sometimes I fall in love with them, like Jamie Kewy because he was super charming. But I’m dreading every time I have to work on Joseph. I know his mama is going to be so happy with him though, which is what keeps me going.

2 Likes

That’s awesome! She’s going to be beautiful! Can’t wait to see the finished product!

1 Like

thank you! go with the vacation, if you buy the kit its just more work!! LOL <3

1 Like

I think she is absolutely awesomely adorable! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

thank you!! <3

how darling <3

1 Like

@Alypants I love that update!

Yey! You did it! UNIQUE and beautiful! How many layers of white did it take you? Do you use Ultramarine Blue for your blue? Do you dilute blue with a paint thinner?

2 Likes

I used 8 very white pigmented washes. Could possibly need 1 more. But will decide on the real baby. Yep ultramarine blue mostly straight out of the container. It is harder to get a dark solid color than you think even straight from the container

2 Likes

Thank you :blush:

1 Like

Awe, they are so cute!!!
My daughter has been practicing making them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Does he need anything else aside from eyebrows and matting?

16 Likes

@PutABonnetOnIt That is so awesome! It feels so great to make someone that happy. My next adopted baby will be from you as I want that experience :wink:!
BTW always wanted one of your babies even before I became reborner and was just Reborn buyer!
On a dark side :sunglasses:, you set the plank so high that when she will adopt her next baby and it will come in the plain box without exquisite wrapping and decor, she will be so disappointed…

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Just put Tinky’s head on Priscilla’s body and I think Tinky makes a cute alternative realborn baby. I would want one for myself!
@lesser needs to help me to find kit with more skinnier limbs to match them better :slight_smile:

8 Likes