Let’s Show our Work, or WIP! Part 2

@Evee Good luck on your first and your sister bonding! It’s going to be FUN! Don’t forget to show your baby to us :slight_smile:

I just adore your painting techniques! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you so much for your sweet comment!

1 Like

Trust me, I tried stuffing the eyesocktets, I tried glue and moleskin, all that typically works but with this baby…the eyes just didnt sit right. When i tried to put lashes in they slipped right into the gaps and were hardly visible. I think some sockets were just created for certain shaped eyes.

I will say Ive never tried aluminium foil, I typically use these little foam disks I got from Puppentraumland.

1 Like

Miss Unicorn taking her sweet time getting fabulous. :heartpulse::unicorn::unicorn::unicorn::unicorn:

18 Likes

@Evee so glad your sister is okay. Have fun reborning with her! Time with family is so preciuos.

@pia she is so adorable. I just love her lips and skin complexion! She is a little sweetie!

1 Like

The thing about the foil is that if you squeeze it into a tight ball, it doesn’t compress, like foam does, when you put pressure on it to close the eye socket.

2 Likes

Its not very soft foam whatever it is…I don’t know what it is, its not very soft but it does have some give in it, its these things https://www.puppen-traumland.de/shop/en/reborning-supplies/eyes/1033/after-eye-fill you have to cut them down to size.
I like the foil idea, Ill have to try that.

Did you give your daughter her BD present? Who is the artist for her gift?

@pia She actually received her last night! Today is her birthday, but she fell off the couch and has a mild concussion, so I thought she deserved her a day early! I got her on Etsy from borntorebornstudio as a boo boo baby, but her flaws seem very minor to me. She is a beautiful dollish baby :slight_smile: My Violet loves her!

23 Likes

@Alypants Your babygirl is so adorable, and so is her dolly. I hope her little noggin is feeling better. She looks so happy!

2 Likes

@Alypants Happy Birthday to beautiful Violet :birthday:. She looks so happy with new new baby!

1 Like

Violet is adorable! I love her big animated eyes. She looks so happy.

1 Like

Stunning go girl

1 Like

Thank you all for the baby girl bday wishes! This is her without a concussion. Lol! The big 4- Maybe the big 5 is when she will get an Emma reborn to look just like her! :heart:

12 Likes

Thank you! She’s doing great, just a little bit of a sore neck!

I’m working on Emmy. I am going for a very light skin color but I think I am going to do another primary layer. She needs a little more life.

7 Likes

Your daughter is gorgeous !

2 Likes

WIP Jannie de Lange girls
Elora and Ella Mae

14 Likes